Thursday, September 29, 2011

No analogys...just bullets

-- We are on day 4 of no husband week #2. I miss him. Look, I know there are women out there without husbands, or with husbands who work nights, or who work all day and night themselves. But this isn't my normal...and I miss him. It's not that hard, but it is lonely. And I miss him.

-- Michael had to miss school on Tuesday. He was up with a bad cough from 12am-2am...while we waited for the home remedies to kick in. Then he was up at 5:15 asking to get up for the day. Needless to say, I decided to keep him home from school. Organic lady at swim lessons was pretty upset that he was coughing. She probably thought it was from the Froot Loops.

-- I thought the transition back to school would be super difficult for him, since a week had gone by with no school. But all day Tuesday he asked if he had school. Then all day Wednesday. This morning, he told me he didn't want to go, and then got ready without a fight. Then he told me he hated his teachers, and excitedly picked out a book to bring to school to show them. Then he told me, "I not going to cry today, Mom." And he didn't. He eagerly walked into his classroom and sat on his spot and waved to me. Little booger.

-- Andrew had no school today, because of Rosh Hashanah. Since it was just he and I, we dropped the littles off at school and went to IHOP for breakfast. He ate more than me...2 triangles of French toast, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 pieces of toast with jam, and a glass of lemonade. Oh, and a banana. Have I mentioned that we measured him at 54 inches tall? 4ft6in. And he's 63 pounds. He is going through a serious growth spurt.

-- Lily's having her very first birthday party on Saturday. We invited 4 little girls to our house for tea and dancing. We invited them before school started. Now Lily is sad that she doesn't get to invite her new friends (Lily only has best friends). I'll have to think of something else to do with her new friends.

-- I've recently read books 1-4 of the Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin. I am waiting for book 5 to come in at the library. While Andrew and I wandered Barnes and Nobles this morning (did I mention how much I love having just the 7 year old?) I picked up book 5 and started reading it. I thought book 5 was the end...and I was excited to be enjoying a fantasy series with an achievable number of books. Much to my dismay I read the forward in book 5 and realized that there will be a book 6. Le-sigh. Let's just hope the author doesn't die before he ties up all these loose ends.

--I'm ready for FALL. I have no motivation to plan meals because I am angry I can't make fall meals. It is 80 degrees and MUGGY today. As it was yesterday. And the day before that. It feels like an August morning in South Carolina all day long. And yet I'm pretty sure this happens every September. Fall just doesn't start as early as I think it does.

--Out of bullet ideas. Must go make cut out sugar cookies for Lily's party.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Ah, yes, September is such a tease!

CARRIE said...

Mr. Michael is a stinker.
Doesn't having just 1 kid when you are used to having 3 around feel like a vacation?

bluedaisy said...

Love the 7 year old IHOP breakfast :) I also would like to read Game of Thrones- just watching the HBO series which I know doesn't follow 100%.
And I am with you on this weather- I know that September is generally warmer than I'd like it to but this muggy stuff just sucks. Looks like more fall-like weather begins tonight (at least a little taste!).
PS- it's a good sign if you miss your hubby while he is a way :)