Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursdays, 9:30-11:30

Today was the first day in 8 years that I didn't have children. Don't get me wrong...I have had some time off. But if it was during the day, it meant that I was rushing to an appointment while someone else watched my kids. Or one set or another of grandparents were watching them while I felt mildly guilty that they had to navigate our schedules and routines.

No, this is the first time that I had 2 hours of uninteruppted, free of guilt time. And I am looking forward to having it once a week for the entire school year. Except for 2 weeks from now when Andrew has off for a Jewish holiday on a Thursday. And the month after that when Lily has a doctor's appointment. Okay, let's just say 3 days a month, shall we? Oh, that sounds terrible.

ANYWAY...ahem...

So I packed the littles into the car to go to school. And there was an envelope on the driver's seat of the van with my name written in it. It was a little "Just thinking of you" card. Inside it said, "Enjoy your first Thursday morning without children in a LONG time!! I love you, Jeff" And there was a $10 gift card to Starbucks tucked inside.

Does this make you love him as much as I do?

So...for the record...JEFF made me cry this morning, not the fact that I was childless for the morning.



Also, Michael threw a FIT at school today. Grabbing my shirt with a death grip, screaming, "NO MOMMY! DON'T GO," as I tried to put him through the doorway of his classroom. Apparently he thought he got to go to school with Lily today...like in her classroom with her. He was a little confused about why they were both going today. I have a feeling going to school is going to be a bit like Russian Roulette for him. Every day we drive to his school...but will Mommy leave him today? No? Today? When?

3 comments:

CARRIE said...

Oh dear, how envious am I?????

What an awesome husband you have. Clone him!! (And sell the copies for a sweet profit.)

bluedaisy said...

Jeff is awesome...enjoy whatever time you get :)

d e v a n said...

Huge brownie points for Jeff! How sweet!