Saturday, April 14, 2007

Amazing Andrew, Amazing Lily



I know, I know, no posts for a week and now 2 yesterday and another today. Keep up, people!


Andrew has given me a few gasps the last couple of days. You know, a moment when you gasp and then shake your head in wonder.


He was talking to his Uncle Chad yesterday afternoon (and talking and talking and talking). At one point in the conversation, he told Chad that he has 3 footballs. How many did Chad have? Chad said he only had one. Andrew responds, "Well you need 2 more and you will have the same as me." Enter me...gasp...he can add?


This morning he came up to Jeff after breakfast and said, "My hand is sticky, wipe it off." Jeff says, "How do you ask nicely?" Andrew, "Please. But only the left hand is sticky." Enter mom and dad...gasp...he knows left and right? It was his left hand, and when we said it back to him in amazement, he looked at us like we were retarded and held up the other hand, "Yea, and this is my right hand." I was, like, 9 before I knew my left and right hand. He just amazes me.


Lily amazes me, too. I swear she knows the word dog. If we are sitting in the kitchen eating and I ask her where the dog is, she looks to the couch where Shadow is usually sitting. I swear. I don't know if this is normal or not...I choose to be amazed.


She is also on the move. I mentioned in my last post that she had rolled over to me while I was typing. She just flip flips all over the place. Very purposefully. We've never had this experience before so we are amazed. We still cheer almost every time she does it, even though it's old hat to her now.


And, God, she is so cute. I have ALWAYS said that my favorite time for humans is 6-9 months. And Lily is supporting my theory. It is so fun to watch her discover stuff for the first time. The widening eyes the big grins. She loves dancing, chatting, and being on the go. This girl is so daggone happy as long as we aren't at home. Party girl already. Love her love her love her (can you tell she slept 11 hours last night?)


In response to your helpful comments about crying it out...1 hr 45 minutes???? Of screaming??? It sounds like it worked, but I guess I'm not that committed. The problem is, Lily USUALLY sleeps at least 8 hours between feedings. I'll even hear her wake up and go back to sleep. So I'm not very motivated to go the distance, I guess. Kudos to you strong ones out there.


In response to comments about Soccer starters...I'm not really mad at the coaches. They are teenagers, I don't expect them to understand 3 year olds. I actually feel really sorry for them. I am not really mad at the program directors either...there should be fewer kids and more training for the coaches, but really? 3 year old soccer? You just don't have much to work with. So I was more commenting on the disaster rather than judging the people.

No comments: