Friday, April 06, 2007

Andrew heaven

This week has been a little piece of Andrew heaven. When we told him early this week that Grandma, Grandpa, Great-Grandma, Memere, AND Pepere were going to be here...at the same time...he literally clapped his hands and jumped up and down. And said, "They are coming to Philadelphia...just like when they came to Te-tucky. They love me."

Having all these visitors really is like visiting heaven for Andrew. He adores all his grandparents, and for a few days, there was one everywhere he turned. Talk silly, Pepere. Read me books, Grandma. Cuddle with me, Grandpa. Let me warm up your hands, Great-Grandma. I'm going to tease you, Memere. Ah...it was contentment.

Lily enjoyed it too...to an extent. She is just on the verge of entering the infamous "Mommymommymommymommy" stage that I remember so well from the first time around. We actually had fun teasing her by passing her around. She is just about starting to reach for me. My ego loves that. But it makes me feel bad when people visit. Travel all this way to have a baby reject you? The saving grace is Andrew. At least he will drop me like chopped liver the second grandparents walk in the door.

Next week is going to be so long...-sigh-

No comments: