Thursday, December 13, 2007

Here come's the giant pregnant lady

Oh dear.

This pregnancy is really going to be different.

Oh dear.

I had another doctor's appointment this afternoon. All's good with little baby. Heart rate is in the low 150's (the highest for any of my kiddos...does that mean a hyper one?) BP is great. Uterus size is right on track (even though I SWEAR I'm much bigger than I've ever been...funny how your mind forgets...)

And I've gained 7 pounds.

Oh dear.

Let's do the math. Um, I gained 19 pounds total with Andrew...and he ended up being 9lbs6oz. I gained 16 pounds total with Lily...and she ended up being 7lbs4oz. So my babies are roughly 10 pounds less than my total weight gain. If I keep going at this rate this pregnancy, I should end up with a 20 pound baby.

So I'm in a mild panic. Of course, the midwife was pleased with my weight gain. Because she doesn't realize that I don't normally start gaining weight until about a month from now. Yikes. I am not surprised, however. 3 things are different with this pregnancy...

1) I feel good, so I am eating. I didn't lose nearly as much weight this time around because I've really felt better. Also, I no longer have pregnancy-induced bulimia to help with caloric intake.
2) I have never been pregnant around the holidays before. I got pregnant in Jan with Lily and Feb with Andrew. I've never been surrounded by so many fabulous sweets and treats while pregnant.
3) I have never had a problem with weight during pregnancy. I always had "Super-metabolism". As in, I ate a hot fudge sundae every day for 2 weeks with Andrew and only gained half a pound. So I just went into this pregnancy assuming that I could eat whatever I want with no consequences.

Oops. I'm in trouble. Get ready for a wide load.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Lucky you! I'm 16wks and have gained close to 15lbs already. With my son, I gained 41 lbs. And he was a whopping 6lbs 12oz HAHA! I eat like a pig when I'm pregnant. Ahh oh well.