Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Singing baby and a baby namer

We had a lovely weekend here in PA. Jeff was gone to a fencing tournament from Friday through Sunday, so my MIL was kind enough to sacrifice her weekend and come schlup around with the kids and I. She so selfless that way ;) We didn't do much...lots of shopping and playing in our house. It was just so nice to have another adult around. I'm sure I would've gone CRAZY here alone. I'm not sure both children would have survived.

Okay, a few things about my kiddos. Lily's singing has to be THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER. I cannot get enough of her little sing-song voice and tilt of the head. Her usual song is, "Ba-ba-ba-ba" or some other repeated syllable. It's her own creation, not an actual song of course. But just in the last few days, she'll sing "E-i-e-i-o" when we're singing Old MacDonald. Ugh. Makes my heart just melt to hear it. Also, in addition to the cute, "Wow!" she has added, "Ooooh!" to her surprised sounds. We go driving to see lights just because we want to hear these little sounds out of her. She is also cracking us up/worrying us with her lack of interest in walking/cruising. She loves to push the push toy...but she kneels behind it instead of standing. Little weirdo. I don't know why it amazes me that she is so different. It is such a delight to enjoy another child's unique talents. It makes me really excited to meet #3...what will he do to make us laugh? What cool little tricks will he have up his sleeve? It really is a privilege to get to watch these little guys develop into people.

Speaking of #3...we are no closer to naming this little one. We call him "Trey", since he is our 3rd baby. But I have made it very clear to Jeff and Andrew that we will not be calling him Trey once he is born. Sounds way to much like a jock to be our kid. So Andrew tells people that Trey is his "inside name". Jeff and I are so unmotivated to discuss names. We have way too many restrictions...one of them is going to have to be overlooked. And we just can't do that...yet. Talk to me in March, when I'm as big as Rhode Island. I think our "rules" will become less important.

Before we found out what this baby's gender was, Andrew was determined that if a boy, it would be named Garcia. After his trouble-making imaginary friend (and former back-up quarterback for the Eagles). Imagine the confused looks on people's faces in grocery stores and public gatherings as Andrew explained that one. But in the last week, Andrew has decided on another name. Chris. He tells everyone that we are going to name our baby Chris. Have I mentioned that my child is obsessed with a PBS Sprout show called Zooboomafoo? And that the main characters are Chris and Martin? And that he prefers Chris to Martin because Chris likes the color green...just like Andrew? So there you have it. Little baby Chris. Andrew thinks the baby naming problem is solved. Wouldn't that be funny if we ended up with that name? He'd think his whole life that he named his baby brother. After a show on tv. I guess there could be worse things. At first he wanted to name the baby Google after an imaginary creature on the show. Yikes!

4 comments:

HawleyFamily said...

Honestly, I LOVE both the names Trey and Chris. I think that both of those would go great with your last name!

Kelsey said...

Could you go with Christopher? That would sit nicely with Andrew's name! I am with you on Trey, though, not so fond of that one, especially with the other names. . . not that you asked.

Andrea said...

Giselle, we already discussed Chris... I know you don't want to use it because it may turn your last name into "purgeon"... But I was thinking about it, and if you named boy #2 Chris then the only boy names you and Jeff like are simply from MY name (Andrea Christine)! :) I think that would be really funny...

Katie B. said...

One of my coworkers let her 5-year-old nephew pick the middle name for her little girl (which I thought was astoundingly brave.) He was big into Caillou at the time, so her middle name is Rosie, like the sister on the show.