Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 2: God bless the sling

Day 2 where children outnumber adults 3 to 1.

And it's been a decent day! HOORAY!

What a difference when the baby doesn't cry all morning and into the afternoon. Seriously, I'd forgotten how that just frays your nerves so that you are unable to cope with ANYTHING else. And I actually remembered to use my sling...and Michael was happily snuggled up against me while I had 2 free hands to do things like...oh, you know...eat! Duh...use the tools that you have.

I had nothing planned today, so I e-mailed my playgroup and begged for someone to come and play...just to make the day pass more quickly. 2 moms and their kiddos decided to take me up on it (read: take pity on me) and came over around 10:30. I managed to clean up the kitchen, but the toy situation was a bit overwhelming. So I just left it. And the kids had fun anyway. I fixed lunch for the crew and they were all on their way around 1:00. And the day is more than half over at that point. Woo-hoo.

Anyway, better day today. I'm sure there will be more days like Day 1 ahead of me, but at least now I know that they won't ALL be like that. Which I knew in the rational part of my brain. Just not in the emotional part that spews panic and despair in this blog. ;)

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

Yah---glad today was better. It is hard to remember this when you are so frickin tired.

Andrea said...

YAY for the sling!! Both Rachel and Joey have LIVED in it (I swear for about 2 months Rachel would only sleep if I had her in it!)
Sounds like a fun day!