Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The whole crew


Here are some group shots. Seriously, with each addition to the little people in this house it gets more and more impossible to take a picture. We CANNOT get Lily to be in a picture with Michael. Just won't happen. I'm sure it will only get better once Michael starts moving. So in order to get Lily in a shot with the boys, you get to see the "run-over-by-a-truck" me in the shots. Joy. And I still have HELP, people. I cannot even imagine the physical deterioration once the grandparents leave the vicinity. Shower? What's that? Eat breakfast? Huh? I honestly don't see how I'll even leave the house until Lily gets to be 2. Ugh. I know it will happen eventually, but I think there is going to be a REALLY long learning curve.

So tell me, HOW exactly do people do this? And WHY do people intentionally have children this close together? Seriously, what magical powers do you possess that I do not? Because I haven't figured out how to watch Lily EVERY SECOND while we're out of the house (because she's still a baby) when I have another baby to tend to and keep quiet. -sigh- Maybe I need to go back to work. Then the children would be guaranteed to leave the house each day. And someone else could teach me how to take care of them all.

Ohhhh, this is turning quite whiny. And, I'm telling you, I STILL HAVE FULL TIME HELP! Just imagine the pathetic posts to come. Oh, you doubt that I'll still have time to blog? Trust me, this is theraputic. Much higher priority than, say, washing the kitchen floor (will that ever happen again?) or bathing the children (Michael is 7 days old and has had ONE sponge bath. Can you say 'grease-monkey'?)

No. No more whine. Wait. I can drink wine now, right? SAH-WEET! I think I'm going to need it in 10 days. (10 days=how long until I have to pretend to parent 3 children by myself)

Go. Enjoy the group photos. I'll post more whining later. No, don't be disappointed. I promise I'll be back and whining soon.




2 comments:

Michelle said...

LOOK how much hair Michael has! I think u look SUPER! You are gonna get through this...keep ur head up! Enjoy your ten days!

Andrea said...

getting out of the house with 3 little ones? Well, you can only go places that have shopping carts and you wear the baby! At least that is the only way I can do it (but I'll admit I don't go out very often now!). I want to know how I am supposed to take the kids outside to play now that Rachel is also mobile and our yard isn't fenced in yet?!?!?!