Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Even though Mother's Day seems like another Hallmark generated holiday, I'll take the opportunity to say thanks to all the mothers I know.

Thanks to all the mothers who also blog, so I can get a glimpse of life at your house. It is reassuring to read your stories and hear your frustrations and joys. It is also great to laugh at someone else's life. Makes me feel better every day!

Thanks to all the mothers who are my friends...even if you don't allow me to be nosy and read about your day to day life. ;) Mothering can be a lonely job without much feedback. Other mothers are as close as I get to a help line...and you all speak English very well, so it's actually better than most help lines.

And the biggest thank you to my two moms. My own mom for more reasons than I can list. First, for giving birth to my huge 9lb5oz butt. Second, for not drowning me at a young age. Third, for not trading me in for a cuter model during the "awkward years" (am I out of those yet?). Last, for continuing to mother me, even though I am now an adult and supposed to be self-sufficient. I still need my mommy.

And a thank you to my mother-in-law. First, for raising such a compassionate, caring, loving man (and cute to boot!). Second, for putting up with my crazies without a blink of an eye. Third, for loving your grandchildren so much it drives ME crazy sometimes ;) Last, for just being an incredibly generous, kind, wonderful woman. I honestly couldn't have custom ordered a better mother for my husband. Seriously, my only complaint is that you want to buy us too much stuff. How lame is that complaint? Doesn't fly during playgroup, I'll tell you that. ;)

So happy Mother's Day all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I don't remember an "awkward" age. You were cute with those long skinny legs and feet that were half as long as your legs. You made us laugh through that whole journey. And you still do. You are lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law. Look at what a great son she raised. Thanks Linda for all you do for our kids. Everyone out there have a great day. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I feel equally blessed that Jeff chose you, Giselle, to be the mother of my grandchildren. What a wonderful family you have created. I am the lucky one to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law. I'm looking foward to our time on the beach in Texas! Love, you!