Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gosh Darn Garcia

It's a good thing Jeff Garcia got traded to the Buccaneers. Because if he were still in Philadelphia, I'd have to kick his you know what.

I have mentioned that Garcia is Andrew's imaginary friend. Which is really cute. Except that now everything bad that Andrew does...Garcia has done. If I run to scold Andrew, "Garcia made me do it." If he drops something and makes a mess, "Garcia knocked it out of my hand." He refuses to put his shoes on to leave, "Garcia doesn't want to go." You get the idea? Cute...but kind of annoying.

Tonight Jeff and Andrew were playing cowboy. Cowboy consists of running around our first floor with strings from a lacing board. As they are running, they rope interesting animals...like caterpillars and hummingbirds. These are rough and tough cowboys, I tell you. Garcia is always a participant of the game. Lily and I love to watch our cowboys. This is a conversation I witnessed this evening:

Andrew-"Let's go, Cowboy Dad! I'll get a hummingbird and you get the caterpillar!"
Jeff- "Yippee-kay-aye, Mother Hubbard" (Okay, Jeff didn't say this...but wouldn't it have been funny if he did?)
Andrew trips on something (what? in my house? something on the floor to trip on?). He falls hard. Jeff comes over to help him up.
A-"Don't worry, Cowboy Garcia is helping me up. Let's go Cowboy Garcia." And off he gallops holding hands with his imaginary friend.

Instances like this make me feel better. I'm glad that Garcia has a hand and a body and a whole imaginary persona. Because half the time, I'm worried that it is Andrew's split personality coming out.

No comments: