Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lily the Grouch

No, my sweet Lily isn't grouchy. She just LOVES trash. Is obsessed with it. We sing "I Love Trash" all day long to her. Newspaper, plastic bottles, empty boxes, full boxes, old Popsicle wrappers, you name it. I can just smell disaster coming when she starts to crawl and discovers she can tip the trash cans. Forget toys...give this girl an envelope and she's good for 15 minutes. She has an incredible attention span already...if you give her the correct kind of object...namely, garbage. Strange little girl.

And her hair is getting weird too. She still has a ton of it. It is growing and growing on top, so it is never spiky anymore. But it isn't growing at all underneath. So she kind of looks like she has a bad toupee. The long part just kind of spills over all the baldness underneath. Weird.

I love the Ba-ba-ba's. She just happily sings that syllable over and over. Today I thought I heard a Ga-ga-ga...but when I tried to get her to repeat it back to me, she just smiled at me. I've started doing signs with her for "All done" and "More" and "Eat"...she just laughs at that too. So different...

Speaking of different...this girl has got a crazy strong grip. Yesterday she was playing with a half empty water bottle (see trash lover above). She literally palmed it in her right hand and lifted it up and down, shaking it. One-handed, people. If she gets her mama's long legs, perhaps we'll have a basketball player on our hands. As long as they get to shoot trash into the baskets, that is.

And to be fair, here's an Andrew story. My favorite new quirk of his. He LOVES talking on the phone...to anyone anytime. And people always ask, "What are you doing, Andrew?" To which he answers, "I'm talking to you on the phone!" with a tone of impatience and amazement. Gotta love the literalness of this kid!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ah! I want to see the hair! Photos? Pleeeease?