Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life as we know it is over...

Oh, how I need to adjust my thinking. Michael is MOBILE. And curious. And trouble with a capital T. This morning he pulled on a stray power cord and pulled a steamer full of water and a few left over asparagus onto his head. Baby was not harmed, as the asparagus was cold and the steamer did not hit his head. Bad mommy. I honestly hadn't even thought that he could reach the cord. Ugh.

This is how life used to be...just a week or so ago. Michael wanted something. If someone was nice enough to get close to him, he could have it. Here is Andrew approaching Michael to share his Cheerios.
Can you believe that this little cutie has turned into such trouble? We didn't see it coming, silly us.

Well, maybe there is a little mischief in his grin...


Now this is the name of the game. Michael gets himself over to what he wants and helps himself. Notice Andrew rushing to get his precious helmets out of Mikey's mouth and hands. Time to start putting stuff away!


Even Shadow is not immune to the interference.




"What? What am I doing? Look away, Mom...I'm busy here"



"I. Must. Get. Choking. Hazard. In. My. Mouth"



Always on the move...



Happily stopped if he can at least be emptying a bin (looking for choking hazards).


And now a few videos...

The first is an illustration as to why I don't have many videos. Thank you, Andrew.



Here's some more baby babbles.



And the discovery of the dog's dish. Please...if you have a weak stomach, maybe you shouldn't watch this. There is a little "baby licks food bowl" involved. The mother does not intervene. You have been warned.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Cute pics! It's all over now...

Emily said...

Right there with ya... we have hardwood floors and I feel like I can't keep them swept well enough so David doesn't constantly pick up little pieces of food and put them in his mouth. The other day I picked a peanut out of there - nice. And he pulled a (luckily cold) cup of coffee off the end table an my mom's house this weekend. It's even harder at someone else's house - at least I try to contain the madness at my own place.

Michelle said...

OK I just cracked up laughing when Andrew said "Why aren't you gonna stop him?" Seriously cracked up. Reagyn is beside me..."MAMA! SO GROSS! WE DONT TOUCH DOG DISHES!" Too.Damn.Funny.

Andrea said...

By the way... pictures/videos of the kids have a way of making the worst days much better! So refreshing to hear their stories!! (I truly am the crazy aunt who never shuts up about her nephews and niece!)