Thursday, February 19, 2009

My peanut

So Michael had his 9 month doctor appointment today.

I know...he is 10 months old.

3rd child...so sue me.

So, um...he's gained only 1 pound and 1 inch in the last 4 months. That drops him below the 10th percentile (he was between 50-75th last time).

So I'm feeling really good about weaning him now. Really good. The doctor was quite concerned, but I convinced her to just give the formula some time. And we are adding formula to EVERYTHING now...yogurt, etc...just to give him extra calories. I probably should have guessed, since he hasn't grown out of diapers or clothes in 4 months. But I honestly...didn't really think about how old he is now. Poor 3rd child. The doctor says otherwise he looks awesome...he even waved at her on cue. Smartie. ;)


On a funnier note...

Yesterday Michael crawled over to ambush Andrew's football helmets...again. Andrew is incapable of cleaning up and yet he is frustrated almost to tears about Michael getting into his stuff...especially the sacred helmets. As Andrew started up the whine, "Moooooom! Make him go away!" I said, "Well, YOU wanted a baby brother. If you'd gotten another sister, she'd just want to get into Lily's princess stuff. But Noooo, you wanted a baby brother and asked God for one."

Big pause.

Andrew says, "Well, I didn't think about this." And then he grinned sheepishly and hugged the baby brother that he wanted so bad.

And since then, my sweet Andrew has been sharing his helmets quite nicely with his baby brother. Slobber and all.

2 comments:

Leiandra said...

Wow... that worked? I really need to learn to manipulate my kids better. lol.

Kelsey said...

Harper dropped all the way to the 5th percentile around her first birthday. Then she started drinking that whole milk and caught right back up!