Sunday, February 22, 2009

P.S.

I haven't felt like I've had a lot of things that should take up a whole blog entry lately. I just have a lot of Post Scripts...you know...the tag on's at the end of a "real" body of a letter. So here are my PS's...

PS. Andrew met his pen pal on Friday. Each pre-schooler was matched up with someone at a local nursing home, and Friday afternoon was the day we got to go meet her. We showed up and found out that Andrew's pal, MaryHope, was not available. (gulp). So he met with Florence instead. Who he keeps calling "Florist". She was very friendly and couldn't stop hugging and kissing Andrew...who tolerated it very well. She looked very healthy but was a bit...um...forgetful. Reminded me of my grandmas. Once I told her that Andrew like sports, she informed us that she had been a professional baseball player when she was young! And she was also a very good at hockey, volleyball, football, track, and Bingo. :) Andrew thought she was soooo cool. After we broke off the conversation, I steered Andrew towards the cookie tray and punch. Without me saying a word, he darted back to Florence and offered her a cookie and punch. I just couldn't have been more proud to be his mother. He was quiet and respectful and even though he was obviously uncomfortable at first (she was very touchy), he was never rude or mean. It really made me wish that we could take Andrew to visit my Memere and Grandma more often.


PS. Because of the movie Enchanted, Lily now knows my name very well. She picks up the disc jacket and says, "Mommy! It's you! It's Zi-zelle!" She thinks it is COOL. I secretly do too ;) Yesterday, I was watching Michael in the computer room while Lily and Andrew played with Jeff in the family room. Lily starts calling, "Mommy! Moooooommy! Moooooooooom! Zi-Zeeeeelllllle!" I just about died laughing...


PS. On Friday, Andrew asked me what Michael's favorite color was. I didn't know, of course. So Andrew made an experiment to figure it out. He took all the pretend ice cream cone tops and laid them across the floor from Michael. The one that Michael crawled to was his favorite color. Big nerd. (Michael's favorite color is orange, by the way).


PS. Michael is insatiable. We literally cannot fill this boy's tummy. Yesterday he ate 32 ounces of formula, 1/8 of a Belgian waffle, 4 strawberries, 1/2 banana, bowl of baby cereal with a jar of sweet potatoes mixed in, several handfuls of Cheerios, an entire string cheese (cut into appropriate sized pieces) and an entire container of whole milk yogurt with cereal added. It's like watching a live show based on the Very Hungry Caterpillar. As of 10 am this morning, he's already had 16 ounces of formula, 1/2 Eggo Waffle, and 2 strawberries. Seriously. He is HUNGRY.

PS. Lily knows what her name is. And I'm not talking spoken word. She recognizes her written name. She saw it written on something, and she said, "Dat's MY name. Dat says Yiddy. L. I. L. Y. Yiddy. Dat's ME!"

I think that's all my PS's for now...

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

So many good stories there, but I think my favorite is the one where Andrew devises an experiment to determine Michael's favorite color. The child is brilliant!

Astarte said...

Yiddy!!!! I love that!! I can hear her little-kid-voice chirping it out, too. Oh, how sweet!

Hey, do you sing or sew like Giselle in the movie? If so, hurry up and throw up a sign! You could be capitalizing on that stuff! :)