Saturday, February 14, 2009

My littlest Valentine

Can you believe that a year ago I was totally freaked out about having a 3rd kid? That I was actually scared down to the core...figuratively shaking in my boots. How little faith I had in myself! And I obviously hadn't a clue what a sweet happy little boy was growing in my belly. My sweet littlest Valentine...

Here's baby Michael just in the tub... I brought the camera in to document his constant splashing. For the last several weeks it has been like once the water hits his body his little hands become windmills. Then when you lie him down, his little legs instantly pick up the motion. But he apparently outgrew that since the last bath. So instead, we just get some cute pictures of Mike.

All dirty and ready for a bath.
Whoa. What just happened to me?

Yummy! Let me suck all the gross bath water out of this washcloth.

Seriously...a week ago I wouldn't drink anything but breast milk. Look at me now!

Dude. They don't make babies cuter than me!

How about a profile shot? There just isn't a bad angle...
Don't you wish you could take me home? And now I'm actually clean and smell nice!

Who knew that Cookie Monster sucks his thumb!?!
Mommy attempts to get a picture of my two front teeth. I grab the camera at the last second. Future fencing reflexes (or so my daddy hopes)


In formula news...holy CRAP, Michael's diapers are wet. I mean, I was changing his diapers several times a day before, but they were just damp. Since starting formula...they are like 10 pounds of wetness. He has wet through about 4 times in the last 2 days. (get with the new program, Mom). So I guess it really was time to make the switch. I'm interested to see if he stays my little peanut or he start chunkin' out now that he's actually eating something. In my defense...Michael was always contented and happy after nursing. But apparently he could have used a bit more in the belly. ;)
OH! And my little slowpoke gross motor skill boy has TAKEN OFF. Much to the dislike of his older siblings, Michael is on hands and knees...and getting into EVERYTHING. He also pulls himself up and cruises around tables and chairs. His favorite thing is to get into Andrew and Lily's stuff. They keep begging me to keep Mikey away...and I keep reiterating to them that he is here to stay and they'd better just get used to it. Unfortunately, many of their toys are too small for Mikey..so I have to be ever diligent to pick stuff up. This morning I grabbed a small bouncy ball out of his mouth. Yikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This does it....I'm moving in!

Kate said...

He's such a little cutie!! And I love a thumb-sucker.