Wednesday, February 04, 2009

One hour, forty minutes

That's how long I had to be in the waiting room of the ENT's office this morning with my 3 young children. Then we got taken back to an examination room for another 25 minute wait.

My kids were FABULOUS considering. Considering it was past lunchtime by the time we got out. Considering I hadn't brought very much entertainment (since last time it was a 15 minute wait). Considering Lily is still a bit punchy from her bout with the stomach flu. Considering Lily and Michael had already had to endure in and out of carseats several times with the dropping of Andrew off at school, going home, going back to pick him up early from school, going to the doctor.

Very good.

I am done for the day. Can I just punch my time card? Even though the kids were good...it is stressful trying to keep them from killing each other in such a small place. Perhaps comparing it to flying solo with 3 kids is a good analogy. Except I couldn't strap them into the seats.

Andrew's ears are fabuloso! He passed his hearing test with a 100%. Too bad we haven't noticed any difference at all. It seems now it is just a problem with listening...no longer hearing.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad the kids were pretty good. An hour and forty mintue wait could easily have been hell on earth.

Astarte said...

That is a LONG time to be in an office with all those little kids! I can't believe that everyone was so good! It's wonderful to hear that his little ears are healthy, too.

Kelsey said...

I'm glad Andrew's ears are doing well - he'll have to look for another excuse for not following directions now! Harper seems to favor a claim that her legs just aren't working.

I'm glad the wait wasn't a total nightmare.

Michelle said...

Jaxson had a hearing test yesterday. Seems LISTENING is our issue as well.