Thursday, August 02, 2012

A day in the life of Andrew, Lily, and Michael

Yesterday I decided to document a day in the life of each kid.  Originally I envisioned this as 3 separate posts...but my kids were together so much it would have been quite repetitive.  So.  I picked a day where we had no planned activities.  Every hour I took a picture of what they were doing.  The results were...boring.  But I spent all day taking pictures, damnit, so you are going to have to look at them!

6:45 am
They've already been awake for almost an hour.
Watching the Olympics that were DVR'd the night before


Michael Phelps is swimming great!
Oh my gosh!  He's approaching the finish!  He's going to win!
Nooooooooooooooo!

7:45 am
Playing some sort of airplane game




8:45am
Leaving to go to the park


9:45am
Having fun at the park!
They made up a game that they weren't allowed to step on the blue ground covering.





10:45 am
STILL at the park!  But Andrew is now playing alone.
And working hard to prevent his mother from reading her book.
Lily has made a new friend and is playing some elaborate game.
Someone kept tagging along, though.


11:45 am
Home again!  Lunch is over and they are enjoying creamsicles in the back yard.

12:45 pm
Homework time!


1:45 pm
Andrew is doing some quiet reading
While Mike and Lily pretend to be...alligators?  I think?  Something like that.

2:45pm
Sitting around preparing to start whining and fighting.  
They were all in their rooms shortly after this picture was taken.


3:45pm
After some "reset" time in their rooms, Michael has started playing Heroica...a Lego game...
...while Andrew and Lily read Garfield.

4:45pm
UNO Attack!
and immediately after that picture was taken, the UNO attack dissolved into a building frenzy.

5:45pm
As traditional in this house, during dinner prep time, my children run like crazy fiends around the house, screaming and being as annoying as possible.  This is usually when Jeff comes home.  Quite frankly, I'm lucky he comes home at all.

Michael was NOT running yesterday.  He was playing Heroica again.  Gold star.

6:45 pm
Playing one last board game before tv time and bed time.


Amazingly, none of my photo times hit during tv time.  We had a HUGE thunderstorm around 4pm, and the kids watched quite a bit of Transformers...a huge hit we rented from the library.  Also, I had banned computer games yesterday, because we played WAY too much on Tuesday.  I have a hard time with computer and tv.  I'm not good at being moderate.  Either they play on the computer ALL DAY or I have to ban it ALL DAY.  I'm just not a fan of fighting them to stop once they've started.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my word! The kids suddenly look SO BIG to me!!!!

d e v a n said...

I'm feeling a little better that it's not just MY kids who go completely insane while I'm trying to make dinner.

CARRIE said...

Dinner prep time sucks. Period.