Friday, August 03, 2012

The closest Jeff comes to criticism

After my photo representation of a day in the life of his children, Jeff came as close to a criticism as he would.

Last night after the kids were in bed he said, "So.  Do you think next summer we should put the kids in more camps.  You know, keep them busy?"

I found myself protesting...there have been plenty of busy weeks this summer.  It's just that all our vacations were in the beginning of summer.  And they are in 2 weeks of camp this summer...just spread out.  And last week we managed several social outings that wouldn't be possible if they were enrolled in camp.  And they LIKE being able to wear pajamas until 10 am and watch tv and bum around a pool in the afternoons.

He quickly backed down and shrugged his shoulders and said okay okay.

But a few hours later, I realized my folly.

Put all 3 in camp.  All summer.  And I would... be childless for hours a day all summer long.  And it would have been JEFF'S suggestion, not my idea at all.

What an idiot I am.

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

Pre-register them NOW before he changes his mind-LOL! We didn't do any camps this summer- other than VBS b/c it was free. But I'm thinking next year will be a must!!