Monday, August 06, 2012

A good...no, GREAT...big brother

So we went online this morning to find the teachers for Lily and Andrew.  Much to my amazement, the site was not shut down.  In years past, so many people go online the morning of the teacher assignments, that the site overloads and shuts down for a while.  But we got right in.

Andrew got the teacher he wanted, for the first time ever.  At the end of the school year, the kids get to visit a classroom in the next grade.  Andrew always falls in love with that teacher, and has never actually gotten them.  But this year he got her.  He is excited.  We went to her web site and looked through the fun things they will be doing this year.

Lily has a teacher so new to the school that her name isn't even listed on the school's web site.  After I told her the name, she looked at me uncertainly...waiting for me to reassure her that the teacher was fabulous.  I smiled and told her that I was certain her teacher was fabulous, but I couldn't look her up on the website just yet.  Andrew heard the name and immediately recognized it.  After a moment, he said, "OH!  Mrs. M---!  I had her as a sub last year.  Lily, she is AWESOME.  You are so lucky.  You are going to have a great year!"  And he hugged her and reassured her and made her feel so excited.

Is Lily ever going to know how lucky she is?  Who has ever heard of such a NICE older brother?

No comments: