Wednesday, August 08, 2012

A preview of next year...

This week Andrew is in basketball camp from 9-3.  He loves it.

Lily and Michael are going to "Let's Go Fishing" camp at a local nature center from 10-12.  They love it.

I have 2 hours of free time.  I love it.

Problems/issues:
-- The hour between Andrew's drop off and Lily and Michael's drop off.  Annoying.  We've gone to Dunkin Donuts every morning so far.  Andrew doesn't have camp Friday, so tomorrow will be the last day.  And since I am too embarrassed to visit the same D&D every day, we've visited 3 different ones so far.  I'll be trying a 4th tomorrow.  That's how many Dunkin' Donuts there are in my immediate area.  Crazy.

-- The location of the fishing camp is a bit far away from everything.  It takes about 20 minutes to get back home, so about 30 minutes to get to stores I am familiar with.  This takes my productive/fun alone time down to just an hour.  An hour is just a mean little tease.

-- 4 days a week this fall, I will have 2 1/2 hours of free time.  Well, probably 2, when you take drop off/pick up into account.  So this week's lack of productivity makes me realize just how little I will probably get done in my free time next year.  Especially since I want to volunteer a lot more at the elementary school and I've agreed to do the yearbook for the PTO.

Tomorrow is the last day of free time for the week.  I may just go read a book :)

No comments: