Sunday, August 05, 2012

OMG!!! Teacher assignments!!!

Every year it goes something like this at our house.

Me, "Andrew!  Today we can go online and find out who your teacher is this year!"

Andrew, "YES!  Ican'twaitIcan'tIcan'twaitwaitwait!"

Me, "Okay.  Let's log in."

Pause

Me, "Dangit.  I forget my password."

Pause while I look through paperwork.  Andrew eagerly skips from foot to foot.

Me, "Okay.  Got it.  Let's see...oh.  Site is overloaded from everyone trying to get on.  Let's wait a few minutes."

Andrew and I wait impatiently.

Me, "YES.  I got in.  Okay, you have Mrs. Soandso!  So you know her?"

Andrew, "Nope."

Me, "Okay then.  Is there anyone you want to call to see if they are in your class?"

Andrew, "Maybe B?"

We call B.  Not in his class.

Andrew shrugs and says okay.  I shrug and admit we need to wait and see what this teacher is like.


It's really kind of anti-climatic to find out the oldest's teacher assignment.  I don't know squat about the next grade up.  Now Lily's assignment should be interesting...except there are all new Kindergarten teachers since Andrew was there.

But we don't learn.  Because...

TOMORROW IS TEACHER ASSIGNMENT DAY!!!  I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...

So funny- hope it works out for the best and I so WISH that we could check online in our district. I know Liam is going to have the same kindergarten teacher as Michael (we requested) but have no idea who Michael will get for first grade! The suspense!!

Pamela said...

Posting class assignments online is such a great idea! Our school tapes a sheet of paper on the inside of the office's tinted windows (very difficult to read) and hundreds of parents crowd around trying to find their child's name. Oh, and it's usually 90 degrees outside. Such fun.