Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why don't you butter me up a bit more?

We got a post card in the mail Friday.

A hand-written note that reads:

Dear Andrew,

I hope you're excited to start 3rd grade.  I'm so thrilled to have you in my class this year!  We'll have a great time learning and growing together in Rm __.  If you can, please stop in to say hello and to take a peek at your new classroom on Thurs. Aug 30th from 3-3:45.  I can't wait to meet you!!

Mrs. W.
PS.  You'll find a supply list on our class webpage.


Such a simple thing.  But I am already impressed.  She took the time to hand write a note to each of her students?  Even if they all say exactly the same thing...I'm impressed.  Buttering up the parents even before the kids walk through the door.  Making Andrew grin and feel special before he sets eyes on his new class.  Sending a reminder about supply lists and open houses and opening the line of communication early.

I think it's going to be a very good year...


2 comments:

Pamela said...

You are lucky ducks! They cancelled our "Meet the Teachers" night due to budget cuts. It always made the kids feel better to lay eyes on their new teacher and their classroom before the first day of school. Now the teachers can't work for one extra hour the day before school. Isn't California great?!

Aunt Sara said...

In new teacher training yesterday we learned all about how to butter parents up.
Really does sound like Andrew's going to have a great year though!