Wednesday, August 29, 2012

And we're back!

Vegas was fun.  A little too much fun.  I was finished by the last day...I need more sleep and better eating now that I'm OLD.

We got home Monday afternoon, and I left Tuesday morning to go get the kids.  Traffic was a bit different traveling on a weekday, so the round trip was about 10 hours.  Yucky.  But it is good to have them back.  Right?  Right.

It took me about 6 full days to miss them.  I am a little embarrassed to write that.  Six days.  I enjoyed talking to them and stuff, but I didn't really miss them from the pit of my stomach until the 6th day.  By day 8, I was planning to cancel our couples running weekend in October, because I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM MY BABIES TO LONG AUGGGHHHHH!  Jeff talked me down off the ledge, and having taken all 3 children to BJ's this morning, I think I'm just about ready for that couples weekend now.  ;)

I start to sweat a little when I turn my calendar page.  September looks scary.  I know I will get into the swing of things, and it will be fine.  But it looks so...overwhelming right now.

Tuesday:
8:50- Andrew to bus
12:45- Lily to bus (1st day of Kindergarten!)
12:50- Sit down and really learn how to spell kindergarten.  And kindergartner.  Seriously.
1:45- Michael speech
3:55- Remember to go meet bus (I have a Kindergartner, so I can't be lazy and let them just walk home)
4:00- Begin filling out the mountains of paperwork that will come home on the first day.

Wednesday:
Add Lily's dance class at 9:30 am.  But no Michael speech.

Thursday:
Wait.  Thursday is wide open.  Phew.

Friday:
Add Lily and Michael's gymnastics at 10:30.
Michael has pre-school orientation at 1:30.
Andrew has soccer practice at 4:30.

Okay.  That doesn't look so bad now that I write it out.  The week after that I have to remember what time Michael gets dropped off and picked up.  Fun fact!  Lily's bus is scheduled to come at 12:44 (a bit optimistic that they'll be that precise, eh?), and Michael's preschool drop off is at 12:45.  But at least we'll have a schedule to follow...I'm a little tired of this loosy-goosy, let's just play Wii for 5 hours straight summer ending we've come upon.  ;)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I hear ya, sister! As the kids get older each year seems to get busier.
Good luck to you on the first week of school!

bluedaisy said...

Hope the busy schedule works out! Also glad you got a little break and that you enjoyed it :)