Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What a girl

I must brag about my second born. I spend much of my time on this blog bragging about Andrew. This is because he is older, therefore doing some pretty amazing things. And, sadly, Lily is the second child...so there will always be someone older doing pretty amazing things, while she is mostly doing things we've already seen before. But I am immensely proud and astonished by her as well. Here are some things my amazing girl is doing.

a) She is weird. I'm so glad. That means she will fit in with the rest of this kooky crowd. Her new favorite game? When I go to wipe off her face, she opens her mouth nice and wide. She likes me to put the washcloth in her mouth and wiggle around while she makes noise. It makes a funny sound, and she is thrilled by it. Weirdo. I've already described the injured soldier crawl. I can't put her hair in pig-tails because she is dragging her head around on the ground as she "crawls"...they just fall right out. Weirdo.

b) She officially knows her first sign! Andrew's first was "More" because he always wanted more food more food more food. Lily is the opposite...of course. Her first sign is "All done" because she only wants star puffs. 2 spoonfuls of cereal and Lily is flashing me the all done sign. When I comply she gets all smiley. And if I say "All done", she immediately does the sign. Smarty pants. Andrew didn't start signing until a year. Not that I'm comparing (damnit). She also surprised me today by waving bye bye. Who knew she could do that?

c) She is in love with Shadow. She wants to throw the ball for Shadow, she wants to feed Shadow, she wants Shadow to lick her fingers off, she wants to pat Shadow. Jeff and I now rank below Andrew AND the dog. Sad.

d) This child is NOT a Momma's girl. Andrew could not let me out of his sight. He would throw a fit if it wasn't his Mommy. Lily is the friendliest most independent little social butterfly ever. She is happy to be passed around...as long as she can still view the action. Don't even try to hug her...not going to happen. Totally different temperament from cuddlebug Andrew. Not that I'm comparing (damnit). She does like to pat me on the back...like I pat her on the back. Cute.

Okay, I'll stop. I swear someday I'm going to rename this blog, "Bragging by a Disillusioned Maniac Mother."

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that you try not to compare but it is pretty hard not to isn't it???
Lily sounds pretty amazing (and we all know she is adorable as well!)

Andrea said...

WOW! My class said that children start signing around 9 months... She's pretty darn close! :) And I love the crawling description... maybe I'll have to plan a visit to see it!