Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Academy of Natural Sciences

We have a bad habit as a family. We usually only do fun and new activities when we have visitors. But we are trying to break that trend. Sunday we decided to ditch church again (I know, I barely have time to think I'm so busy polishing my halo) to go to Philadelphia's Academy of Natural Sciences. I think it should actually be called, "Museum of dino bones and other random crap we've collected that people might take their kids to see." That means dino bones, stuffed/taxidermied animals/animal rescue. It was a strange collection of stuff, but we had fun.



I wanted a shot of us pretending we were going to be eaten by this large, scary fish dinosaur. Instead looks like me every afternoon about 4:00. Except my hands would be around Andrew's neck. And Lily would be crying.





Andrew and Jeff in front of T-rex. It's really hard to get your flash to catch that huge reptile.

In the randomness that was this museum, Andrew got to pet a tarantula. And a rat. Weird.



Andrew inside T-rex's mouth. I can hear all the archaeologists that read my blog screaming in horror. Relax. It is a mold...not a real skeleton.

Andrew riding a bronze tortoise. Again, museum of randomness would be a better title.

This was our view walking out of the museum. Historic Logan Square. Which is actually a circle. Go figure.

One of my favorite sights in Philly. That's the City Hall. Ben Franklin sits on top overlooking the city. It's a really pretty building. Not a very pretty picture, but I swear it's cool in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe Andrew shows potential as a thespian. Get him an agent. Mom however needs some work. Cute!