Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another up...and another down...

I had an entire post in my head about Lily's "up" day yesterday. She was so much fun, so agreeable, such a good listener. It helped that I have hid baby Jesus and Andrew was in school in the morning. We went to My Gym class, and she was listening and having a great time and playing peek-a-boo with Michael. She walked into school to drop Andrew off, and walked next to me the whole time without a fuss. She took a nap without a fight, and when she woke up, we all played house...and Lily even let Andrew be the Dad. We went to a friend's house for dinner (Jeff was working late and had fencing). She was up super late (for her) and did fantastic. She was funny and polite and just down right charming. What a love. It's important for Lily's well-being that we have days like that to balance the others. It prevents me from having her committed to an asylum.

And then I woke up at midnight not feeling well. I've been up off and on since then...um...shall we say..."exorcising demons" from both ends. Jeff has meetings today, so no sick day for me! Another joy of being a mother...no time off to get yourself better. Let's just hope that Lily has an agreeable day today. And then let's hope that the kids don't catch it. And let's hope that Jeff gets home at a decent time...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope you are feeling better!!!
Nothing is worse than chasing kids when you're ill like that!

Joanne said...

Hi, thanks for your comment. I am looking forward to looking at your archives but I wanted to drop a note and say I hope you feel better and thanks!