Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas cards

My Christmas cards are all signed, sealed, and delivered. Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for taking the picture of the 6 of us (yes, even Shadow made the picture this year!). Thank you to Snapfish for making the ordering of cards so incredibly easy. Why oh why have I been doing it any other way these past few years? I have TONS of extra cards, because locals send each other cards around here (kind of weird to send a card to someone you see every day....but whatever...), so I ordered 100, and then realized when I addressed my cards that I only have about 70 people to send to. Anyhoo, if you don't get a card this week and would like one, that means I don't have your address...so let me know if you want one.

I didn't send a letter because this is all I could think of to write:

Hello, friends!

We would like to announce the birth of our newest son, Michael Paul. He was 8 pounds, 4 ounces and 22 inches long. Big brother Andrew and Big sister Lily are enjoying every moment they get with him. Mommy and Daddy are tired, but thrilled with the addition of this sweet baby boy to mix. Oh...and he was born April 9, 2008. Sorry we never sent birth announcements. But an announcement at Christmas 8 months later ain't bad, right? Don't worry, you'll find out about the 4th child before the high school graduation announcement. Maybe.

That's the only lame-o thing I could think of to write. I mean, we haven't even moved this year. For heaven's sake, this is our THIRD CHRISTMAS in Philly. WTF??? We are friggin' boring this year. Except for the birth of the baby. Oh, and I have a BLOG, so you get to read our daily drivel...why bother sending a letter recapping? Maybe I should do a post of blogs through the year as a Christmas card...

Hello, friends!

Remember this? And then this? Wow, and this was sure fun. And I couldn't even believe this. Then this happened. And this. Isn't this a riot? Next came this. And then this. Wow, do you remember this? And this only happens once a year. Finally, this. That's been our year.

And imagine how good it could be if I didn't just randomly pick a blog from each month! Sounds easy to me!

Oh, and also? I LOVE getting Christmas cards. So if I'm not on YOUR list, please please add me. Not that I'm bored at home and look forward to non-bills mail to entertain me. Not that at all. Just because. ;)

5 comments:

Kate said...

Crud-- I TOTALLY forgot about christmas cards. Sigh.

Jayme said...

I'd love to swap cards with you. I've got some extra, too. I'll email you my address.

CARRIE said...

Got a great laugh for the "this" and "this" Christmas card idea! Thank you.

I've got your Christmas card ready to be mailed tomorrow. I better be on the list. ;)

Kelsey said...

We got your card today! The pictures turned out so well. Harper looked at it and said, "Are those the people who left the plastic cups here and we had to hang them on the door?"

We're putting ours in the mail tomorrow!

Giselle said...

HOW does Harper remember our visit? Is she amazing, or what! Andrew remembers you as "the people with the teddy bears"...but he would not recognize a picture of you. Or would he? I'll have to test time when your card comes. Oh, who am I kidding? He's a man...he won't remember.