Thursday, December 04, 2008

Little Baby Bottoms

JCPenney Portait Studios has redeemed themselves.

I spent SO much money on pictures today. Of Michael, of course.

Since my parents are visiting, they took Lily to the play area at the mall while I waited for 40 minutes (grrrr.). It ended up working great, I reluctantly admit, because I had a chance to nurse him. Which resulted in a very uncomfortable father in the waiting room with me. Which amuses me. Uh, you are there with your 3 month old child (because it takes 2 parents to get pictures of one non-mobile 3 month old). Like you don't realize how babies are fed. Maybe you should have stayed home since there is nothing for you to do at the studio but take up valuable space and glare uncomfortably at a mother trying to feed her baby, under a cover, no less. Ohhhh, look at me, the snide judgemental mother of 3. Boy, I digress. I am not sensitive at all.

Back to story. When Andrew was 6 months old, I got a picture of him in swim trunks, showing off all his chubby rolls of glory. When Lily was 6 months old, I got a picture of her laying in a bed of roses, naked except for a white diaper cover. My big plan was to have a picture taken of Michael at 6 months, naked in a bathtub (a prop at JCP). Um...notice he is 8 months old next week. Whatever. At least I got it done now. I was worried for a while that it would be cute bare-chested 6 month old Andrew, cute bare-chested 6 month old Lily, and scary bare-chested 12 year old Michael. But success! I got him in there.

So the photographer got out the little tubby, and we put Mikey in there in his diaper and got some absolutely adorable shots of him munching on a duckie and grinning with wet spiky hair. Every time she clicked a shot, I thought, "I am going to spend so much money today."

THEN, she suggested that we strip him down completely naked and take some shots on a black background. And, really, is there anything cuter than a baby's butt? So we took some really cute shots of him looking over his shoulder with his little baby back and butt facing the camera.

THEN, she put a Santa hat on him. Naked baby butt Santa. Sweet mother of all that is holy...I could not resist. I bought a ton of shots. They are soooooo sweet and sooooo cute. And Michael is going to hate me soooooo much when he is older.

Oldest child...swim trunks. Middle child...diaper. Youngest child...completely nekkid.

Yup. Mikey's going to hate me. And I don't care. It's MY baby butt to look at. ;)

(obviously NOT the nekkid Santa pictures. Hopefully those will follow at a later date...)

7 comments:

bluedaisy said...

Oh, I can imagine the cuteness of nakey baby+butt+Santa hat...must see it! I hope they are giving you a cd so you can post them. I wasn't going to do portrait shots for Christmas this year- to save $. But JCP has some good coupons and I haven't even seen your pics and I am tempted anyway. I love Michael in his 'little man' outfits.

CARRIE said...

All I want for Christmas is to see those pictures. Nothing cuter than nekkid baby butts.

Erin said...

Oh, he is SO CUTE. Giselle, seriously. How do you not EAT HIM?

I bet those naked baby santa pics are going to be awesome.

Also: I have never (NEVER!) taken my boys to get professional photos taken.

d e v a n said...

OMg - I bet those are SO cute!!!

Andrea said...

I love it... trunks, diaper, nekkid! What's even better is if they get a copy of this posting along with the pics. :)

P.S. I talked to Andrew on the phone tonight, it was the longest conversation I've had with him on the phone! He's getting so big! (although the other 2 are changing even faster... my goodness, you'd better stop by here in January otherwise I won't recognize them at all!

Joanne said...

I can't wait to see those pictures! I bet Mikey was super adorable!

Kelsey said...

I bet the pictures are adorable!