Monday, January 11, 2010

Here comes 2

Sometimes having a blog is the best thing ever for parenting. Because Michael is acting crazy today. Kuh-Ray-Ay-Zee. He grabs empty cups off the counter, but throws himself to the ground when I give him a drink. He grabs for a fork out of the drawer but throws himself screaming to the floor when I help him reach. He wants to eat, but he spits it out. He grabs a yogurt out of the fridge and hands it to me...then shakes in rage when I hand it back to him opened up.

Is he insane? Or is it just the approaching 2's? Unfortunately, I don't have much documentation of Lily at this age...I had a newborn, if you'll recall.

But thank heavens my blogging goes back to when Andrew was this age. I present...Michael the first version:

Andrew at 22 months

I will survive. The only difference is now I also have a Kuh-Ray-Ay-Zee 3 year old added to the mix. Imagine if you will today's scene at lunch...Andrew stealing Lily's night-night to make her scream, Lily's screaming because her night-night is facing the wrong direction (not looking at the table like her), and Michael screaming because he wants a drink, but not any of the drinks that are available.

I should have asked for earplugs for Christmas.

5 comments:

d e v a n said...

Yeah, I have one approaching 2 and that sounds VERY familiar! (also have one approaching 3... yipes)

MOM said...

You anticipated this a long time ago. So HERE we go....... Welcome to the fun year ahead.

Kate said...

Crap.

CARRIE said...

THANK YOU for writing this today because G, who is 27 months now, is fracking INSANE!!!!
N was never like this until she hit 3, or 3 and a half.

It is killing me. He doesn't know what he wants. He cries and whines ALL.THE.TIME.

So I appreciate the laugh from your Andrew at 22 months post and that someone besides me is going through this shit.

Anonymous said...

Or a nanny. Then you could go for a walk while she dealt with the schizophrenic child. But then again, earplugs are cheaper and easier to trust :)