Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My aching tooth

I have much that I could post about.

Our dinner at a rather obscure family's house. Jeff worked with this man in California for about 6 months...Jim was transferred just after we moved there. Jeff ran into him on the train...turns out he lives 5 minutes from us. So we were invited to dinner. It was...a disaster. But they were very very nice and calm people. But Michael was a disaster. They don't have small children. Michael was into EVERYTHING and screamed like a banshee when we pulled him off of their fragile stuff. Oh, and they had a rescued dog who apparently FREAKS OUT when children cry. Disaster.

And Sunday we had a dinner at church for new members. A.K.A: Recruitment to committee dinner. But it was surprisingly pleasant and fun to get to know other people. I once again was reminded why I love this pastor and parish. Very nice people. The kids had a blast. Andrew buddied around with his new best friend...a fellow Kindergarten boy that is Andrew's equal in smarts and silliness. Lovely. Michael was a disaster...but he was in a good mood, so he didn't scream when I pulled him away from stuff. Bonus.

The problem has been that on Friday afternoon I had some dental work done. I was just having a crown replaced...no biggie. I don't remember it being a big deal when I originally GOT this crown, so I asked a friend to come stay with the children while I went to the one hour appointment. That night when the numbing agent wore off, I realized that he had not adjusted for my bite properly, because every time I closed my mouth there was a shooting nerve pain through the tooth. Luckily, the dentist was just leaving when I called, and stayed to fix it. So I drag the kids away from their dinner and throw them in the car and run to the dentist's office. They played, unsupervised, while he ground down the temporary so I wouldn't be aggravating the nerve all weekend. Unfortunately, I think it was too little too late. All weekend I ate gingerly and it still was painful. And all those dinners to go to!

It is now Tuesday morning and I STILL cannot eat on that side. My TMJ is acting up from constantly eating on one side of my mouth. The tooth THROBS constantly. And I have 3 1/2 weeks until my appointment to get rid of the temp and put on my brand new shiny crown. Ha ha ha...fun times. I will be calling this morning and begging to move my appointment up. I cannot go to California like this. How will I enjoy my In-and-Out burger?

-sigh- Now to another day of pretending I'm not in pain while entertaining my 3 young barbarians. Joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can totally tell you're Catholic because you called it a "parish" LOL!

So sorry about the tooth- mouth problems are the worst!