Friday, January 29, 2010

Much whining

Okay, so I'm going to call today and make an appointment to get a root canal. I thought all was doing better, except for the whole, "I can't even chew oatmeal on the right side of my mouth without excruciating pain radiating through my upper jaw and eyeball". But I kind of was able to forget about the tooth while I wasn't eating and the constant throbbing stopped. But last night I decided to see what happened when I stopped pumping myself full of Aleve and Tylenol...and I was in a miserable half-sleep state from 2-4 am in and out of dreams about teeth being pulled and dragging my old roommate Katie B. into the bathroom to give me shots of pain killers (random), until I finally was awake enough to realize that perhaps it was time to take some more pain killers.

And Michael was kind enough to bring me out of my stupor at 3:30 by vomiting all over his sheets and hair and pjs. This was no surprise as he woke up yesterday covered in vomit and then spent the whole day clinging to my chest like an orangutan baby. Which is fun since he is 28 pounds (just 8 oz more than Andrew was at 12 months...for those keeping track), and since the other kids are JUST FINE so don't want to watch marathons of television while I rock said monkey baby.

Oh! And they have the nerve to wake up at 5:45 this morning...as if their bodies were not tired out by the day of inactivity they endured yesterday. Go figure.

Today looks to be more of the same...except it is going to be about 6 degrees outside with windchill, so there will be no sending them outside to burn off some energy. Good times.

Rest assured, I will not mess around with the pain killers today. The last thing I need is to curl up in a fetal position moaning about my jaw, while Michael whimpers in a pool of puke nearby and Andrew and Lily wrestle themselves right into the ER.

Have a good day!

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

urgh!!! SOrry!

Katie B. said...

I'm flattered that your subconscious considers me capable enough to give shots. Hang in there, dude.

CARRIE said...

I hate to laugh at your pain....but you are just funny even when miserable. Or maybe especially when miserable.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Sounds like a long day at your house. But I am glad that you're (hopefully) going to get that tooth taken care of before you come out. You must be able to enjoy your chocolate chip calzone at Claim Jumper!