Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My new blue house

I really like my new house. My new blue house...that's what Andrew calls it. I imagine that even after we've lived here for 5 years, we'll still call it our new blue house.

I can't really explain why I like it so much. Our house in Louisville was BEAUTIFUL. SPACIOUS. Actually 1000 sq ft more spacious. Our neighborhood was a DREAM.

The only way I can reason it...this house reminds me of me. It fits me. It is non-descript. It isn't showy. It creaks and groans even though it is still a young house. Not very well made. Decorating is a bit non-existent. Needs a make-over desperately. Is kind of like a million other houses you've ever seen.

Just like me. Except substitute person instead of house. I've gained a bit of weight over the years, but I'm not to the point of calling myself a house yet. Yet, people.

So you see, I relate to this house on a cellular level. I feel comfortable in this house. I never felt worthy of the Louisville house. I couldn't decorate or furnish it the way it deserved...I was a bit intimidated by it. This house doesn't ask for much... Oh, and it helps that it is laid out very similarly to my parents' house...the one I grew up in. It's smaller, but somehow I think this contributes to it feeling like home to me.

So good job, Jeff, Linda, and Paul. I like my new blue house. I like it so much, I'd like to stay here longer than 18 months. Okay?

1 comment:

HawleyFamily said...

I really don't think that is too much to ask!! haha!