Thursday, February 08, 2007

Perfectly perfect!









Miss Lillian had a doctor's appointment today. She is perfectly perfect!

14lbs 5oz (50th percentile)
24 1/2 inches (50th percentile)

for those interested, at 4 months Andrew was 17 pounds and 26 inches

So she's perfectly proportionate. Doctor said that no napping is normal when they sleep all night...and who can really complain. Amen! Belly looked good, heart sounded great, lungs clear, hips all good...and she cooed and smiled her way right into the doctor's heart. Both the doctor and the nurse just cuddled her and loved her. It must be a great job if you love babies. Lily got 4 shots...which she was very pissed about...and she was just fine a few minutes later. We went to Andrew's My Gym class right afterward, and she babbled and smiled through it like always. You'd never guess she's just played pincushion with the nurse.

So let's all sigh and thank the heavens above for such a healthy, normal baby. I don't deserve it more than anyone else, and I'm so greatful for both my healthy babies. Does anything else really matter if they're healthy?

As a side note, Andrew was phenomenal at the doctor's office. I thanked him for being so well-behaved and he said, "So I should get a sucker, right Mom?" Always looking for an angle, this kid. He also did his very first unassisted somersault today!!! I know that most 18 month olds can probably do this, but I was VERY excited to watch him do it.

Oh, just one more funny Andrew story. Yesterday we were playing with his cell phone (my old old one). I got a call from Burger King and chatted for a while. Andrew thought that was pretty cool. Then I talked to Chuck E Cheese. Andrew couldn't think up anyone, so he also talked to Burger King and Chuck E Cheese. He informed me that Burger King was putting me in jail. So I pretended to get really mad, and declared that we are NEVER going to Burger King's restaurant again. I could literally see the wheels turning in Andrew's head as he panicked over this prospect. It's like you could hear him thinking, "Oh crap. Think fast. Mom's gotta take us back to that delicious restaurant." He patted my arm and said, "No, Mom. Burger King was just teasing. He wasn't really going to put you in jail."

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for Lily! Nice job, Mama, raising two very healthy babies. Sure, a lot of it is pure luck. But a lot of credit goes to good parents too.

I love your Andrew stories. On days when I feel like all I've heard from Cal all day is "AHhh!! Atta! Atta! Ba! BaaAAA!" I read your Andrew stories and it makes me excited for the days he is able to speak.

Kate said...

What a little sweetum that little Lily is!!! And I love her in yellow. Maybe it just adds to the sunshine that is her smile. I really want to come visit!

Kelsey said...

what a smilely girl! Congratulations on a successful doctor visit. Always kind of a relief to hear all is well. I also love the Andrew stories. Can't wait to hear what Lily will say someday.