Friday, January 11, 2008

26 weeks... or is it 27?

Um, I'm kind of having a hard time remembering how pregnant I am. I THINK I'll be 27 weeks Sunday. Yea...or is it 28 weeks Sunday. Whatever.

Went to my doctor last night. Passed the friggin' glucose test with FLYING COLORS. Midwife showed me the numbers and I was literally 50 points below the minimum danger numbers for each of the 4 blood draws. Take that, stupid policy. She did concede with a, "Well, I guess you were right. You just make big boy babies, no gestational diabetes involved." If only she would have agreed to meet Andrew in person. She'd see he is STILL a big boy. -sigh- What we do so doctor's can cover their asses.

Baby #3 was moving and shakin' through the whole appointment. His heartrate was in the 160s. The nurse was like, "So she's really busy in their." Assuming, because of stupid wives' tales, that a high heart rate means a girl. I smugly explained that I have a very busy BOY inside, and that my other boy did indeed have a lower heart rate (usually in the 140s), but that my little girl gets the award for the LOWEST heart rates (usually in the the 130s). So there. I break all wives' tales.

Also, why do they ask me at every appointment what birth control I plan to use, if any, after the baby is born? I'm not even in the 3rd trimester yet. Does it matter yet? They also asked me if I plan on breastfeeding. Um, don't we have 3 months to go? Why are you freaking me out needlessly? -sigh-

Boy, this post is full of pent up rage at the staff of my OB's office. It's a shame, because I actually like it there. Must just be grouchy today. ;) Lucky kids.

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

At my 1st appointment at 9 weeks with G, they asked if I wanted him circumcised if he was a boy. Are you kidding? I mean, I have gotten over a lot of my anxiety about future events but that was crazy.

Kelsey said...

I would have no idea how many weeks I am (23) if it weren't for the babycenter.com newsletters. I get nice little reminder every Thursday, which also compares the baby's size to some sort of food. This week, he weighs about as much as a large mango.