Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pssssst. I think I might be pregnant.

Just want to mention that yesterday's post was meant to make fun of my husband. He reads this blog from time to time, and a little fun-making is part of what makes this relationship tick. He is WONDERFUL help at night time and in the morning...I just have to really work to wake him up enough that he understands I need help. So I make fun of him about it. Got it? Love him. And love to poke fun. I'm really just jealous that I can't sleep through anything.

And on to today's post. I am offically 29 weeks today, people. 29 weeks. Um...I think that means the baby will be coming soon. I am still in such denial. I've been living in the 2nd trimester fog of loveliness, where my body is no longer rejecting the pregnancy hormones, and the baby is not yet large enough to make my body unhappy. It's a lovely time. Still looking cute...little round belly so everyone knows you're pregnant. Plenty of time to worry about minor details like baby gear, etc. Lovely.

But sometime soon...like maybe right around now...I will pass into the 3rd trimester. The honeymoon's over. Lately I am feeling really really pregnant. Suddenly my body is like, "Hey! Dude! That's my bladder. Seriously. I can't breathe. My back muscles don't actually bend like that." and baby and body fight an epic battle until finally my body is victorious and manages to regain its autonomy. I'll start looking not-so-cute...kind of passing into the grotesque category...you know the one...when people start saying assinine things like, "You still have HOW LONG to go?" or "Are you SURE its not twins?" And the nesting...enough to drive my husband crazy. Although, do you think it is crazy to be nervous that we haven't got the room configuration quite figured out or a car quite picked out and there isn't really a plan in place as to WHEN we will do these things? I just think it will be a bad idea to pull into the car dealership and say, "Yea, um, I'm like 5 centimeters dilated and we need a car to bring the baby home from the hospital in. Can ya help?"

And in case anyone is interested, I've found the first problem with having children close together. When I was this pregnant and I had an almost 3 year old, I simply stopped carrying him around, made him climb in and out of his carseat by himself, played games while sitting on the couch to avoid the floor, etc etc. Can't do that with a 1 year old. It's HARD taking care of a baby when you are all filled up with baby. Phew. Tires me out just thinking about it.

Ah...it feels so good to get a little whining out. I actually don't mind this part of pregnancy too much...I'm lucky to be tall so there is plenty of room for baby. And I am so grateful that I have no worries of preterm labor, etc etc. It is a blessing to have a big ole' baby at the end of all this. But I used to wish I could be pregnant until next fall so I could have a 2 year spacing between Lily and this baby. Now I'm thinking 17 months apart might not be so bad. ;)

No comments: