Friday, January 25, 2008

No complaints

What?, you say. How could an entry on Giselle's blog possibly be called, "No complaints." Something must be wrong...seriously wrong.

But not really. I just had playgroup at my house...with 6 women and their collective 9 children. And I feel the need to appreciate these women even though they do not read this blog.

I know I complain a lot. I complain about being lonely, about living far from family, about having a hard time meeting and making friends. And I honestly feel those things almost daily. But when I get together with these 6 ladies, I realize that I'm very blessed with friendships...we just don't get enough time together to make me truly happy.

The MOMS club is full of women that I have nothing in common with and who do rude things like not call to tell me they aren't coming over to my house. But somehow, I was placed in a weekly playgroup full of these uncomplicated, friendly, funny ladies. They are the ones I went to NYC with last July. They are the ones who amazingly put aside their differences, aren't catty, are amazingly supportive, and seriously funny.

So I'm putting it down in writing. Don't listen to me complain about not making friends here in PA. I DO have wonderful friends here. I just need to be able to get together with them more often to remind me of it. If only they didn't have family around or if only we didn't have these children that needed to take naps and be taken to school and other such nonsense.

Okay, I must go pay attention to my 4 year old. Enjoy your day, and be ready for more complaining with my next entry. (have I mentioned how PREGNANT I am all of a sudden?)

No comments: