Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2008! The last of our holiday visitors left this morning...thank you to Mom, Dad, Andrea, Linda, Paul, and Chad for coming all the way to PA to spend time with us. It was heaven to sleep in our own beds and not have to travel with kids. And not so much fun for you (especially Andrea and Chad...not even a bed for you!). We feel quite relaxed and spoiled after our winter break.

On to resolutions! In the past, I've had a long list of resolutions. Like last year, I resolved to not move in 2007. I mean pack up and move out of our house. And we succeeded! A full calendar year in one place! For the first year since 2004! Woo-hoo!

This year, I am resolving to stay out of the loony bin. My goal this year is to survive until next year. I know this seems melodramatic. And I know that I could have it much harder (a hubby who travels, twins, terminal illness, etc.). I know this logically. And I also know I am being hugely pessimistic about bringing a 3rd child into the mix this soon after Lily's birth. But I like being pessimistic. I can only be pleasantly surprised, right? I'm especially worried about the summer. But more on that later...aren't you excited? So, 2008=No commitment to insane asylum!

On a big positive note, I have done a 180 degree turn in thinking about this child as an individual. I am SOOOOOOO excited to meet him. I realize this makes no sense when combined with the paragraph above. To try and clarify, I am terrified of juggling 3 children and all that comes with that. I am thrilled to get to know this new little person growing inside of me. Confused? Me too. It defies all logic, but my Mama-bear instinct has fully kicked in, and I WANT this baby. He is MINE. He kicks me all the time, and I'm starting to be able to feel body parts when I push and probe my belly. I'm just glad that he's there. It's not what I planned, but I'm finally very happy that he's here. And since Jeff has had so much time off during the holidays, we've actually been very productive with the name hunt. I think we have it down to 2 names. We're leaning towards one, but we realize there is still a lot of pregnancy left to change our minds, so we're still open to other names. And it's not Kai-po. -sigh- No little blue-eyed Hawaiian boy.

Um, would you like to see Christmas pictures? Okay, you'll have to wait. I got a new program for Christmas to download and downsize photos. So I'll get back to you when I figure that out.

No comments: