Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A dolphin has one nostril

A few funny Andrew stories:

When Jeff got home tonight, Shadow brought him a ball. She always searches the house frantically for some kind of offering to give him when he comes home. Tonight, he was lucky enough to receive a tennis ball. So we all sat on the playroom floor and took turns throwing the ball for her. Everyone loves this game...except maybe Shadow. She's a little intimidated bringing the ball back to the horde of screaming children. Okay, so it's only 2 children. But she's a 12 pound dog...give her a break. In the middle of throwing the ball and coaxing Shadow back, Andrew says, "Guys. Hey guys! A dolphin has one nostril." And back to the game. It was such a random comment, Jeff and I were laughing really hard. Andrew didn't understand what was so funny. He just needed to let us know. For some unknown reason.

Also, Monday at the grocery we passed a man stocking the freezers wearing a Minnesota Vikings Jacket. Andrew stopped and said, "Hey! You like the Vikings, don't you? We like the Eagles." The man politely chuckles and replies, "Well, I like the Eagles too, but the Vikings have a better looking jacket." Another stocker pipes in, "But we were rooting for the Giants last weekend." Andrew says, "Oh, yea, they beat the Cowboys. And next weekend the Giants are playing the Green Bay Packers. I'm rooting for the Packers to win." You could almost hear their jaws hit the floor and then they started saying, "Oh my gosh...he really knows his stuff, etc etc." I just chuckled as we walked away down the aisle. My little football weirdo...impressing grown men.

And so she doesn't feel left out...Lily has grown OBSESSED with her books. And I've grown spoiled. Andrew's books have actual stories. Lily's books are just pages with random crap labeled throughout. They are BORING. And she loves them. -sigh- She literally wakes up and we hear her saying, "Boo! Boo!" When you open the door to her room, she is standing up frantically pointing at the pile of books on her floor (someday we will get her a bookshelf...maybe). And she definitely knows which one she wants to read. She will swat away the wrong book and say loudly, NO! This is a woman with a mind of her own, I tell you.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

My Dad and brother will be at the Packer game on Sunday -- I LOVE the Packers, so I'm happy Andrew is rooting for them. You can tell him I've actually been to see them play several times. (Um, if that will impress your four-year-old who doesn't even really know me.)

Go Pack Go!