Friday, January 04, 2008

Drumroll, please...

I think that Jeff and I have a name for baby #3. And it isn't Trey. Or John Jacob Jingleheimer (which I've been telling Andrew is the name). Or Garcia. Or even Chris or Martin.

This is the earliest that we've ever come up with a name. And probably the least amount of time we've spent talking about it seriously, either. Our conversations have started well enough, and then we both dissolve into silly talk that has no possibility of resulting in a decent name. At least we amuse each other. ;)

Here's an example:

J- How about Dean? I like the name Dean.
G- But we couldn't use Paul as the middle name. So it would have to be Dean Jeffrey S______.
-both pause-
G- That kind of sounds like you have a career aspiration that isn't going to happen, so you've named your kid to live through them.
J- Then how about Doctor? Doctor Jeffrey S________.
G- Then if he actually became a doctor, they could call over the intercom "Paging Doctor Doctor S________."
J- How about Senator?
G- President?
J- Ambassador?

And so we digress. From a perfectly normal discussion about the name Dean to random titles we can throw in as a first name. Quite honestly, it is AMAZING that we have a name at all.

And since we don't tell names ahead of time, won't you be surprised when little King or Lord or Prime Minister S_________ is announced. ;)


(even though it is totally random, I have to add, just for my own sake, that my favorite word of Andrew's at the moment is diagonal. He pronounces is "di-nag-nal". As in, "I'm going to win Connect Four di-nag-nally." I didn't want to write a whole post about it. Just want to document it for chuckles later on).

4 comments:

Erin said...

Yay for the name! I loved when we finally decided on names, since then I could start calling the baby by his name whenever I thought about him or when Brett & I talked about him. I thought that was very cool.

And I know what you mean about name discussions. Ours always devolved into naming the baby after various body parts. Like, Pancreas, Hippocampus, Phalanges. Clearly, we have no class.

Giselle said...

It is a relief to have a name already. But I don't feel comfortable calling the baby by his name yet. I never did with Andrew or Lily either. Not because of bad luck or anything...I just don't use it this early on. And this time around we're keeping it a secret from Andrew (and 4 year olds are ALWAYS around) so we can't really use it just between the two of us. And it's way more fun to tell him we're naming it Skippy John Jones and stuff...it freaks him out.

Andrea said...

Yay for you! G3 is still unnamed and due in less than 2 weeks!!!
I always put doctor, president, etc in front of a name we are considering!!!

Anonymous said...

OH YOU TEASE.