Saturday, March 10, 2007

Bye bye Memere...


...until the end of the month, that is.
My mom left yesterday after staying with us for 10 days. Living far away can be kind of cool...my mom has to schedule time to come and visit (so nothing bumps us off the schedule) and she gets to know her grandkids really well on these long visits.
After this visit, we'll see how often she comes.
I really don't realize how incredibly dull my life is until someone else lives it. I suddenly became aware of how little we do each day. A REALLY exciting day means we've accomplished two of the following: bathing one or both kids, fixing dinner, going shopping for groceries or other not fun shopping, going to the library, getting Andrew to school and picking him up. Yup...that's about it. Thrilling.
So not only was my normally busy mother probably bored to tears by this lack of activity, but I got sick and then the kids got sick. This shrank the number of activities even smaller. Oh, and I keep my house really cold. Poor mom. She was bundled up like an Inuit, drinking enough hot tea to cleanse her system well enough for a colonoscopy, and then she literally didn't leave the house for 48 hours. She then had to bite her tongue as she watched her daughter bumble around trying to make lunch (yucky water-added tomato soup), entertain the boy (Bob the Builder...again?), and get lost while driving around a town she's lived in for 4 months.
This, folks, is the definition of a mother's love.
Luckily for me, I have 2 very cute and entertaining people living in my house. Andrew kept us in stitches singing his spontaneous songs and coming up with his funny little sayings. Lily kept Memere fit by making her pace the house holding a 15 pound (squirmy) weight.
We can't wait to have you back at the end of the month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I loved every minute of it. A grandmother's love is limitless!! Can't wait for the next "exciting" visit.