Saturday, March 24, 2007

We're expecting...

First of all, thank you for indulging my curiosity in the last post. Not too many surprises, but I didn't know some of you from Moosechats read and of course I didn't know my BIL Chad reads. BTW...Happy 27th b-day Chad...what was I doing when I was 27...hmmmm.?

Okay, now to address my intriguing title. That may be a bit generous to myself. Anything in this blog is hardly "intriguing". I can't even spell that word. Anyhoo...

Jeff, Andrew, and I are happy to announce we're expecting. Expecting baby fish, that is.

We went to get our freaking fish today. The countdown was complete and Andrew was soooooo excited. He took us right back to the tank with the Mickey Mouse fish (thank God they still had them). We decided to get 2. Nemo and Jack. Andrew decided on these names with no help from us whatsoever. (I don't know where the name Jack came from...but it was better than "Clocker" which was also one of Andrew's ideas). The lady fishes out two...and one of them doesn't have the Mickey Mouse mark on its tail. So I become that obnoxious customer they surely hate, and asked her to try and switch it for one with the Mouse tail. I mean, we're shopping for a 3 year old. We have different priorities. She successfully gets one and ties them both up together. As she is marking the plastic bag she says, "Oh, and it looks like you're going to have another fish adventure soon."

That's right. Nemo is pregnant. Hugely so. Or maybe it's Jack.

Why? Why? Why? I just wanted a freakin' fish for my 3 year old. Not an aquarium. Just a simple little fishie swimming around. But lucky us got a preggo fish. I hope she doesn't die in labor. I certainly am not inserting an epidural for her. If I could do it without drugs, my $1.19 fish can.

I'll keep you updated on our impending stork arrival. Egads.


(my apologies to any grandparents that were excited by the title of this post as an indication of future grandchildren. Quite frankly, I'd be insulted if you were excited that we were having another child. Because if I was pregnant, instead of the fish, I would surely kill myself...)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Won't it be fun to explain why Nemo is eating her babies?

HawleyFamily said...

Did you buy the fish health insurance plan that they surely offered? That might help with the birthing costs! haha!!

p.s. I have to say, the title of the post did give my stomach a little excited flip. :) I just want someone else to share in my unexpected third child joy.