Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A few things...

First of all, I just posted about 4 new posts. I am terrible about posting, so I usually do a few at a time and then just back date them. I am seriously catching up, so there are lots of posts down there. And some cute pictures. So I thought I wouldn't deprive my dedicated readers of pictures. Lord knows you have to read enough of my boring garbage...you should at least get to see my cute kids. And I'm NOT prejudiced. At all.

Let's see...Andrew went potty at the grocery store yesterday. I saw him kind of hold himself in the yogurt aisle (you've all seen the little boy potty hold...quite different from the little girl potty dance). So I suggested we try the potty at the grocery. Just imagine...me with Lily strapped to my chest in the Bjorn, trying to balance my little son atop a disgusting public toilet. It must have been a funny sight. And then washing hands without a stool...interesting. Try turning on the faucet, picking up the 40 pound kid one handed, trying to convince him to pump the soap by himself (didn't happen), putting him down, turning off the sink, only to find that there were no towels...only blowers. Argghhhhh! I'm bringing Purell everywhere from now on. Poor Lily got really jostled around. But we had success! And then later at home he ASKED to go potty and then went a ton. Never before have bodily functions felt so much like winning the lottery.

It's warm!!! And Lily has lost her wind aversion!!! So we've been outside a ton. Love it. Makes everyone tired and happy. Love it! We discovered a local park (it's huge), and we are so excited to buy bikes so we can explore it. The longest covered bridge in our county is located somewhere in it...and you can only reach it by horseback or bike. An adventure! Yippee!

Andrew has one stinking sticker on his chart until he earns a fish. A real live fish! And he won't do it. It is a "new food" sticker. And he just refuses. So much for the chart helping to motivate him. Grrrrrr....

Lily is feeling all better. She is just cute as a button. And hates to be home. She is never happier than after we've had an outing. Thank God she likes to be outside. But with two kids I feel like I'm always waiting for the perfect time to go out. With Andrew...if he was awake, we could do what we wanted. Such freedom! Now it's, wait for Andrew to eat, wait for Andrew to get dressed, oops, now Lily is sleeping, wait for Lily to wake up, wait for Lily to finish eating, now Andrew is in the middle of a cartoon, wait for tv to end, wait for Andrew to get shoes on, oops, wearing underpants, wait for Andrew to go potty, ...and so on and so forth. It's amazing we ever get out. But the rewards are ten-fold...Lily gets so happy.

Lordy...I thought I had some interesting snippets for this post. I think just the potty thing. And let's be honest. That's not interesting. Huh. I really thought I was inspired. I think I'll post this crappy collection of paragraphs just because I like to torture people.

No comments: