Friday, March 30, 2007

The fortnight of visitors

My mom arrived Wednesday night to help me wrangle the kiddos while Jeff goes to Vegas with his buddies. Bastard. Anyway, I am VERY glad to have her help, as Lily has been going on a feeding strike and is pissed all the time. I don't know what that girl's problem is. I gave her one bottle...ONE bottle...with this new type of bottle and she LOVED it. So now she is on a breastfeeding strike. I WILL win this one, little stinker. You may be stubborn as a mule, but you can't feed yourself, so I am in the power seat for now.

Anyhoo, so Mom is here until after Easter (poor thing), and next Tuesday my in-laws and granny in-law come in for a day and a half, and then my dad shows up next Wednesday, and then my aunt and uncle are coming for Easter weekend.

So please understand if I don't blog much. You'd think I'd have more time, what with all the extra people to watch Lily and Andrew. But it doesn't seem to work out that way. I spend all my extra free time catching up with them!

Oh, and an update on the GD fish. Andrew is less and less excited about them each day. He happily accepted that Nemo and Jack ate their babies. Dumb fish, eating their babies (that's what he says). I still have 3 quarantined babies in a bowl, that I'm waiting to grow or die. We'll see. This experience has prompted a lot serious discussions with Andrew about death. Which makes me really want to join a church, because God is such an easy way to explain death. (Andrew actually asked Jeff the other day "Who is God?" Yikes. I think they may kick him out of his Christian pre-school if he asks that question there). So yes, these stupid fish may actually indirectly get us to go back to church. Maybe. What a weird reason to get religion.

Enjoy the spring-time weather!

No comments: