Sunday, March 11, 2007

Top 40 hits

Do you remember listening to Kasey Kasum Sunday mornings? America's Top 40? My sister Kate and I used to always catch the last part of the program after church. And we'd make up our own top song lists.

That program may still be on the air. I wouldn't know. Our top song list is very different now. Here are the top 10 songs listened to in our house.

5) Anything from the Cars movie soundtrack. I got this for Christmas and Andrew promptly fell in love with it. I loved it...the first 45 times I heard it. The last 98 times have been a little repetitious. I'm starting to request Raffi again in the car...that's how much we've listened to it.

4) The tune of "Lullabye"...words slightly changed to sing: "Go to sleep, Lillian, you are driving me crazy"

3) "Rubberband in the band", by Andrew. He saw a rubber band on the newspaper, and composed this delightful little ditty. You hear it once, it'll be in your head.

2) "Lil' the Builder", by Jeff. You try listening to Bob the Builder 10 times a day. It's a damn catchy tune...just ripe for rip offs. Lily's favorite is Jeff's rendition of "Lil' the Builder". Giggles galore.

And the #1 song at our house.....drumroll...

1) "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"...Jeff humming. It is the magic that Lily cannot resist. If you hear this song, the crying is about to cease.

1 comment:

HawleyFamily said...

AMEN on the Cars soundtrack!! It seems so cool at first...Sheryl Crow, Rascal Flats, James Taylor, etc. Then you listen to it 1,000,000 times. "Oops, sorry Alec, that cd is not working irght now!! hehehe!