Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Roll call

Okay, so I already think that blogging is the most egotistical thing ever. I mean, really. Presuming that your life is interesting enough that others would want to read it. Publishing it on the web as if you were an important political figure or had a great impact on humanity. Seriously. That is why I've tried very hard to not think about who reads this blog. It just doesn't matter. I'm writing these stories for myself in the future (because, quite frankly, I am important to me). And for the grandparents that live far away. I just don't think about everyone else.

But lately I've been getting comments in my everyday life from people who say they enjoy my blog. People that I know, but I had no idea read this blog. And I'm not sure how they found out about it...not from me certainly. And so I find myself very curious...

So...ROLL CALL. If you have commented on this blog, then of course I know that you read it. If not, why not say "Present" or "Here"...you know, just like in grade school. All you have to do is look at the bottom of this post. You'll see "Posted by Giselle @ 2:20pm" and then "0 comments". Simply click on the 0 comments and a message box should open up for you to write a comment. Don't worry about having an ID or anything, just be anonymous. Okay? Just for kicks. You don't need to write anything else...just let me see who you are.

Exceptions: Creepy lurkers who I don't know in my real life. You can stay hidden. Or if you are my sister's sister in-law's step-uncle-in-law's child from his 3rd marriage, I probably don't need to know either. I'm just curious who I actually know in real life that read this.

Whew. I'm wordy. Scroll down for some cute pictures of Lil and Andrew.

18 comments:

HawleyFamily said...

Amanda is present! If I spent as much time updating MY blog as I did reading yours then maybe I would be able to give my family updates!! hehehe!! Can I hire you to write mine for me?

Anonymous said...

LisaP is present. I really enjoy your blog Giselle.

Laura said...

Hey Giselle-

I do love reading your blog. You are an incredible writer and I just really can't get enough of them baby cheeks and sticky-up hair on the big girl! (You know, Lily!)

Just for your own peace of mind, I am one of your sister's sister-in law's and as far as I know, I don't have a step-uncle's child from a 3rd marriage that reads you frequently. However, you might want to be wary of my sister-in-law's half cousin's brother's wife's dad. He's a little shady, but illiterate. No reaason to fear.

I kinda wonder who my reader roll call consists of from time to time too!

Anonymous said...

Me, I'm here :). I love staying in touch with you this way. Wanted to let you know that I have found some great friends from a yahoo moms group here too. Very unstructured so a nice change of pace from the moms club (although I still love the moms club). Thought maybe they have a yahoo group where you live too?

Anonymous said...

Here!

Krista:-)

Anonymous said...

Michelle is present! I too enjoy reading your BLOG and hearing your stories about the kids!

Jayme said...

I'm here :)

Heather said...

Heather here! I'm a friend of Kate's, a mom of a toddler, a fellow blogger and considering the insanity that would rule my life if I decided to have a second child.

Carissa said...

I know you don't know me in real life, but I found your blog from Kate's (whose I found from Sarah, one of her previous coworkers). I have a 6 month old daughter and I love reading about Lily

Anonymous said...

I wondered why you had 9 comments on your blog. (makes 10 now) I love your blog but for obvious reasons.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blogs because Andrew is so much like you and Jeff. It just cracks me up!

Moira

Anonymous said...

Traci here. Love reading the updates. Keeps us up to date.

Anonymous said...

Hi Giselle. It's Chad...over.

Anonymous said...

Hi Giselle! It's Amy S. in Louisivlle. I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm sorry I don't leave comments.

Anonymous said...

Hey there:) Tricia here! Love your posts, we all miss you down here in 'Da Ville:)

Anonymous said...

Bueller...Bueller...ummm...Joey. HERE!

(Gosh, I'm a dork sometimes)!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to every posting! It's how I get my Andrew/Lily fix.

Andrea said...

me too! me too!! Aunt Andrea reads your blog... what loving aunt that lives too far away wouldn't? Plus, when school is getting tough there's nothing that helps me more than to read a blog posting or quickly check out some pics!!