Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've been tagged

My friend, Joey, tagged me on her blog (for those of you in "real" life...she's my 'cyberfriend'...one of those I've never met in person. Or does 'cyberfriend make her sound like a robot? Well, she's a cool, not-so-robot friend with 3 kiddos in Iowa who I would really LIKE to meet someday...how about that?).

The instructions were:1. Go to your photo folders and open the 4th folder.2. Choose the 4th photo.3. Explain the photo.4. Tag 4 other people!

I have lots and lots of folders. There are lots of different combinations of this 4th folder technique I guess because of how we have our photos organized. So I just kind of kept picking the 4th folder, until I came to the place where there were only 2 folders to choose from, so I picked the 2nd one and then picked the 4th picture. What-EVER.

This is from 2006. Pre-Lily. It was in our neighborhood pool. One of the 4 pools in our neighborhood. -sigh- I miss our neighborhood. I like PA, don't get me wrong, but we lived in a SWEET-ASS house in a SWEET-ASS neighborhood in a SWEET-ASS town full of laid-back middle of America people instead of high-strung heart-attacks in designer boots over here. (have I told you the story of Christmas Day this year where I almost witnessed a fist fight in the grocery store parking lot because one man had THE AUDACITY to stop to pick up his elderly mother at the store entrance. HIGH-STRUNG). Anyhoo...I am very very happy with my life...and I like to think I am not materialistic at all...very functionality oriented. This house is fine, it fits our family...this neighborhood is fine...safe and all...but -sigh- I don't think we'll ever live anywhere as nice as there.


Okay, then. Now that I'm done wallowing in yester-year (aren't you glad you tagged me, Joey?). I will not tag anyone, because I know I feel a little junior-highish-left-out-and-insecure when I don't get picked for these things. ;) So show us your old pictures, if you wanna.
The end.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Of course I'm glad I tagged you! You are awesome! I wish I lived in a SWEET-ASS place!

Erin said...

Cutie! I can't believe that 2006 was PRE-LILY. Wasn't 2006 like LAST WEEK? How does that happen?

Kelsey said...

I've been to that pool! (Or one of the other ones in that development.) It might be good that we didn't end up moving to Louisville last summer because after visiting your house and your subdivision there, I'd most certainly have been disappointed if we hadn't lived in the same place (which I think would have been beyond our budget!).