Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A snow day...in pictures

Andrew had no school today. For the first time this winter we had enough snowfall to *almost* cover the grass. Almost. It is supposed to get to 40 degrees today and was already raining...not snowing, raining...at 7 am. But Andrew was so DESPERATE to go sledding. I think it must be a genetic yearning triggered by the sign of white powder...must hurl myself over steep hill...

We have the perfect yard for sledding. Our backyard is the neighborhood sled riding hill...which makes it awfully convenient for me. :) Please enjoy:


Okay, how come everyone else gets such cute shots of their kids on sleds? Andrew is crying because he got snow in his face a few minutes before, Lily is actually doing her best, and Michael is distracted by the 20 kids sledding down our hill. Not so great...

This is just a moment before I STRANGLED my eldest. His baby sister got a face full of snow just before him and shook it off. Andrew couldn't cooperate for one millisecond with me. -sigh-

Andrew on his way down the hill. Wondering how I can hold the camera AND take care of my two little ones at the top of an icy hill? See next photo for explanation.


Mother of the year award. Look at my superb supervision.
Michael is sitting in the snow alone. Lily is basically trapped because she cannot move without falling over and cannot get back up because she has so many layers on.


Look, Mom! My slide is covered in snow!

Look how happy he is! The best baby in the world!

"I can't move."
Also, don't judge me for the mismatched coat and pants and Cars hat. She has cute matchy-matchy hats and gloves. But YOU try getting 3 kids ready for the snow. They just get the first hat you snatch out of the basket.

Andrew on the way up the hill. He did such a good job doing the heavy work.

Seriously...cutest baby ever? What other baby would just SIT IN THE SNOW for 15 minutes? Without making a peep, I might add.


Here goes Andrew. Notice how he almost takes out other children. We don't get enough snow here to hone our sledding skills. But he had a blast and the other kids were really really patient with him. Don't want to piss off the mother of the sled-riding hill. These kids are smart!


And just a quick shot of Lily. Notice how she is seriously stuck...just too many layers.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

How cute! Looks like fun. :)

Michelle said...

Those are awesome videos! Good job Mama! Fun!

Annie said...

What a perfect sized hill for your bunch! So jealous. We have had more snow, but no sled and no hill...Just shoveling drudgery, which is still fun for Reina, at least.

Andrea said...

I may have to request more videos. I really really miss my nephews and niece... And i really don't know Michael at all yet! You're always welcome for a stay at (or near) my place in Pittsburgh... :) Miss you! Glad you were able to enjoy your dusting of snow!