Thursday, January 01, 2009

Just in case you were wondering...

Here's a little questionaire thingy floating around bloggy land. I'm going to do it...although I suspect I may quit half-way through. Short attention span and all that...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Um, I'd like to say childbirth with no drugs...but sadly I did that in 2006 also. How about everything that I did while juggling 3 kids?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I stayed mentally sane. Or at least as sane as before. New resolution...walk dog. I know, I'm lame.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I'm really close to me, so yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank heavens.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ha ha ha ha...does Trenton, New Jersey count? It sure felt like a different country...what with the sub-standard hospital care I received.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Tequila. Lots of it. And judging from the blender I received for Christmas, I think there are margaritas in my future.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Definitely Michael's birth, April 9th. Actually, April 8th is more memorable, because that is when most of the birth happened. And, boy howdy, was it memorable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Really, I know it is lame, but I am really proud of doing this well with 3 kids. I know that people do better, and do better with 4, 5, 6, "well" is a relative term. ;) But 3 kids has been a real challenge for me. And I feel I've risen to that challenge, and continue to meet the new things that come up. So now I say, Bring It On. I feel confident in my abilities to adapt.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh, the amount of tv we have watched this year. Much of it was out of necessity, but lots of it due to laziness. And my choice to play computer games rather than do chores. Or blog. Or do anything I can think of rather than my housewifely duties.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. Just one weird/scary headache (MRI's were clear...so must have been a fluke)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Mini-van. Love It!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
As usual, Jeff. Wouldn't be proud of myself as a parent without him. And of course both sets of our parents, who continue to bend over backwards to help us and keep us happy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one that I know personally. Just random strangers I meet in this part of the world. I think east-coaster must have a much lower life expectancy...they are so high strung about everything!
14. Where did most of your money go?
I should probably pay more attention so I could answer this better. All the normal big costs (mortgage, etc), and more than necessary to take-out food.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our trip to Kiawah Island in the summer. I would like to say Mikey's arrival...but I was mostly scared about that.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The theme song to Elmo's world. Sad, but true. We sing it for everyone, "That's Mommy's song!" etc.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder?b) thinner or fatter?c) richer or poorer?
A) Happier B) Thinner (nice to not be pregnant) C)Hard to guess total wealth...I'd say about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone out with Jeff alone. Just have more alone time in general (instead of retreating to the computer or couch in seperate rooms from each other).
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watch TV.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At our house with Jeff's parents and brother. Very quiet, low key, and wonderful.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Head over heels with my Michael. Almost took me by surprise how fiercely I fell in love with him.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I like different shows for different reasons. None are my "most favorite".
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. I don't think I can HATE anyone. Unless I actually started paying attention to the news...I'm sure I could easily hate some of the world's criminals and leaders.
24. What was the best book you read?
How can I possibly choose? Probably The Birth Order Book, by Kevin Leman. I read it last January, and talked about it all year...so it must have been good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Huh?
26. What did you want and get?
Mini-van. V for victory. Healthy happy baby. Easy vaginal birth. Sanity. To breastfeed Michael.
27. What did you want and not get?
A night by myself (since April...as if). A full time nanny. Housekeeper. Chef. Motivation to get in shape and lose weight.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
"film"? I saw a few movies I liked, like Vantage Point. I can't even remember movies I saw at the beginning of the year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 31 in August, and I spent the day at home taking care of my 3 kids. And my 4 year old treated me like a queen...it was sweet.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Living down the street from our parents.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Oh, dear. I think I just laughed some coffee out my nose. Um...maternity in the beginning and recycled maternity through the summer and finally buying a pair of jeans that are my size in November.
32. What kept you sane?
Jeff. Calls to my mother.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Huh?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Of course the presidential election...it was hard to avoid this year.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends in other states and often my family
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I've really enjoyed a new friendship with a woman here in PA whose family is also far away and also had her 3rd child this year. I feel a kinship with her because of our similar situations.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Don't worry about HOW things will be done...they just will be. Just keep loving your kids and the rest will fall into place.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
?

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you did this Giselle - it was fun to read!