Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleep deprevation

Oh. My. God. I. Need. Sleep.

Michael has had a cough for a week and a half.

Michael is trying his hardest to cut his two top teeth. His gums are swollen and I can see the teeth under the gums.

Michael is waking up every 2-3 hours all night long. And has been for a week and a half.

Our shitty glider from Babies R Us has broken...again...so I cannot rock him.

Michael refuses...REFUSES...to take a bottle. Or have anyone else comfort him.

We have a nebulizer for him now. Or as I like to call it, "Baby Torture Device". 10 minutes, 3 times a day??? Has the doctor ever tried this on a 9 month old?

At 2:30 last night (his second time waking already), I went back to bed and thought of how to escape. Or kill myself. The note would read, "I just wanted some sleep"

My mom and dad are visiting. Which is AWESOME, because I don't have to cook. Or clean. Or play games with my children. Which is NOT awesome because I feel bad just sitting around watching tv, feel guilty when my mom is doing my chores...so I find something to do as well rather than relaxing and conserving energy, we can't just order pizza for dinner every night (so food has to be bought, planned out, etc), I stay up later than I should because I want to hang out with them sans children, I feel guilty all day and night that my mom looks EXHAUSTED and BORED and I am not doing anything to relieve that, and because they are here, my aunt and uncle and cousin whom I haven't seen in years and years are coming to visit so I have to worry about cleaning and planning meals and will the children behave and where will everyone sit in our house and do we need snacks and is it too cold in the house and I really should go shovel the walk and dear God the floor needs mopping....all things I don't worry about when just my parents come (hence the reason they are cooking and exhausted and bored...)

All I really want is to curl up in a fetal position and cry.

All because I'm not sleeping. Pathetic.

What I really need to do is revert back to newborn mode...where I go to bed at 6:30pm...and curl up in a fetal position and cry. ;)

5 comments:

Heather said...

I know he isn't sleeping much, but try the nebulizer when he is. That's what we had to do when Wesley was his age or a little younger and needed a nebulizer.

Giselle said...

Oh! Heather! What a great idea! I think I'll try that today...thank you thank you thank you!

Astarte said...

What a great idea! As long as the noise doesn't wake him up, I suppose. But, really, it should work so well! I wish I had thought of that when ours were little!!!!

Your parents came with the express desire to help you. I'm sure they know you aren't sleeping, since the crying probably wakes them up momentarily too, but at least they're able to go right back to sleep. Don't stay up to hang out with them tonight - go to bed. Get takeout for dinner to relieve your guilt over their cooking, or throw some things in the slow cooker. Be easy on yourself.

Emily said...

Ugh - that sounds awful! Everything is hard when you aren't sleeping. And David just cut his top two teeth about a month ago and they were KILLER. He just seemed so so miserable, so hopefully they'll pop through soon and provide some relief.

And I've also given up on trying the bottle - but it's really wearing to be the only one who can comfort him. Being Mommy is so exhausting...

Thanks for your potty training comments. It seems to be a theme that everyone keeps saying not to push it. So that encouraging.

Swistle said...

Sleep deprivation is THE WORST. I feel CRAZY when I'm not getting enough sleep. CAH-RAZY.