Thursday, April 09, 2009

Holy crap...Mikey's 1!!!

A year ago this happened.

I fell in love. With my Michael.

A year has passed. A year filled with frustration and sleep deprivation and being overwhelmed and often wondering how in the world would I get through it.

But we did get through it. And all that happened as we got through the past year is I fell more and more in love with my Michael. My favorite surprise I didn't know I wanted.

Michael is an angel. And very mischievous angel. He has a smile that lights up a room and a giggle that entices everyone to interact with him. He melts my heart every time he pats my back as we rock. Or gives me big open mouth baby kisses. Or looks at me with that troublesome gleam in his eye one second before he gets into big trouble. Or as he waves to everyone in the morning.

I love this boy. I don't know how I could ever have been scared to have him, now that I've known him for 12 months. He is my bonus round in parenting. And he is the perfect addition to our crazy little family. Thank you all for listening to me gripe and complain and lament this past year. I am so so looking forward to the next year with my little Mike. (but I'm sure there will be more griping and complaining and lamenting...sorry...kind of comes with the territory).

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Happy Birthday Mikey!

Andrea said...

HA! Bonus round! I am so stealing that line!
Happy birthday Mikey!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Mikey! I hope that I get to see and hold you this summer!

Astarte said...

Happy birthday, little man! Also, happy Birth Day to you, mom. Sometimes I think their birthday means more to us than it does to them. :)